Video of Pacific Star arriving in Auckland

Neilius

Hi everyone

Here's a timelapse video I did this morning of Pacific Star arriving in Auckland Harbor before dawn.

Even though I'm not a kiwi, this looks like one harbour that I really MUST sail into one day!

Hope you enjoy it.

Neil

Hi everyone

Here's a timelapse video I did this morning of Pacific Star arriving in Auckland Harbor before dawn.

Even though I'm not a kiwi, this looks like one harbour that I really MUST sail into one day!

Hope you enjoy it.

Neil

Hi Neil, thank you the video is.. great.....

I have cruised in and out of Auckland quite a few times and it is beautiful...........but not as much as Sydney.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

WOW!! I've never really been interested in cruising to NZ, but after seeing that i've changed my mind! I've got the latetest brochure here with me today - think I might see what's going there for 09..................and then talk hubby into it LOL! :p

thanks for the video. yes auckland is a great harbour. That building to the right as she sailed in, is actually the hilton hotel, great place to stay if crusing.

auckland is wonderful,as like sydney, she docks right in the centre of town.

jo, you should book for NZ, It is an amazing place to cruise but it just makes you want to go back again and check it out further

....thanks for sharing the video......we sailed into Auckland on the Sapphire Princess........and........as someone else posted .......sailing out of Sydney at night was spectacular......:)

I agree that Auckland Harbour is a great harbour - having lived there most of my life I have to say that! But despite that I've only done one cruise on it - a small cruise in the early morning to welcome the maiden voyage of Oriana - she sped past us out near the entrance to the harbour and was nearly docked by the time our boat made it back - but it was great to see her arrive in the pre-dawn.

Love your Avatar Riffraff:D . Would love to get that print but is that one he does exclusively for P&O?

Karen

I think it might be an 'exclusive for cruises' one, Karen. I got it off his website - we saw it there and liked it, and I think it's under the "Princess Cruises" link on the webpage. We'd love to get a real one! :)

Which Oriana? The current one, or the original?

it was the current one - can't quite remember the exact date, but it was it's maiden call on it's first world cruise - think it was January 96.

Archived