Connecting Balcony Doors

I have several questions on if anyone know what is the Carnival Cruise Line policy on the connecting balcony doors.

I have two cabins side by side with connecting balconies. I know the balcony doors open since I have seen them clean the balconies when the ship returns back to home port.

My question is can we have the balcony doors open when we are at sea so that we can go from one cabin to the other? If we can, who do we need to talk to in order to have the doors unlocked?

Also do we need to take anything along with us to help secure the doors to stay in the open position?

Don't ask your Steward, there is a limit on the ships on how many Balcony partitions can be open, on the Spirit Class ship its 25 partition doors. As soon as you get onboard, you need to head over to the Pursers Desk and get your cabin number put on that 25 balcony door list. This list is first come first serve.

Fred

We have 3 balcony cabins on Conquest's deck 7. Can those partitions be removed as well?

They can be opened but not removed, head over to the Pursers Desk to get those 3 on the list.

Fred

there is a limit on the ships on how many Balcony partitions can be open, on the Spirit Class ship its 25 partition doors.

Any idea why only 25 partiton doors can be open? Is it a safety issue or something.

Any idea why only 25 partiton doors can be open? Is it a safety issue or something.

Good question, I didnt ask the purser about it, but its probably one of those Maritime law things. I ask towards the last days of the cruise and she showed me the list with all 25 slots full.

I have asked for those leaving on the Conquest class ship to ask, so far no response, I will ask when I board the Freedom but thats over 300 days from now.

This is the original thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=537763

Fred

I don't know about the limits on the Conquest class, but...

We had adjoining cabins with the hallway doors right next to each other. The balcony door was opened, but when it was pinned back it blocked one of the cabin's access to the balcony. if you want to open the door and leave it pinned back, get your cabins with the hallway doors seperated, not adjoining.

I know that didn't make a lot of sense. Look at the deck plans. cabin doors and balcony doors are on the same side of the cabin. when the balcony divider is opened, it will either block a door, or part of someones window. Not a big deal, but it is a hassle to unpin the door, open it, exit your cabin to the balcony, then repin it every time you go out.

First Spirit class comming in September...thanks for the hint. I'll be at the pursers desk quickly to get the partition opened.

Skiorcruise

First Spirit class comming in September...thanks for the hint. I'll be at the pursers desk quickly to get the partition opened.

Skiorcruise

Hey Dave.....looks like were neighbors.

I'm just a few cities away, down here in Draper.

Where you headed to in September?

I want to thank everybody for their input and answers to my question. This will be my Platinum cruise and I have only had a balcony twice before but never where they were connecting. Now I know the procedures on how and who I need to talk too once I get on board my next ship.

We are headed for the Pride Sept second.

Flying to Phoenix, where my parents will pick us up for the drive to Long Beach. Our third cruise, parents 10th or so. this will be their second this year, then two more prior to February. Glad to see them enjoying their retirement.

Paradise - Introduced me to cruising.

Conquest - Solidified the addiction

Pride - Will intensify the problem.

SkiorCruise

Ski when the powder's deep

Cruise when it melts

Work like a dog to pay for it all.

Skiorcruise,

Just be aware that on Spirit class ships, when the balcony divider is opened, it blocks about half of the view from the balcony. The link below is of an opened divider on the Legend.

Enjoy the cruise.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2499401100073436774XCdktp?vhost=travel

the aft cabin of those involved will not have the divider in the way....this is Starboard side Miracle, doors swung forward and secured to the rail....

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

We had adjoining cabins with the hallway doors right next to each other. The balcony door was opened, but when it was pinned back it blocked one of the cabin's access to the balcony. if you want to open the door and leave it pinned back, get your cabins with the hallway doors seperated, not adjoining.

I know that didn't make a lot of sense. Look at the deck plans. cabin doors and balcony doors are on the same side of the cabin. when the balcony divider is opened, it will either block a door, or part of someones window. Not a big deal, but it is a hassle to unpin the door, open it, exit your cabin to the balcony, then repin it every time you go out.

Skiorcruise

This happened to us on the Triumph.....they removed the divider. The divider blocked the balc door of the one forward in the picture.....it was aft of the two on the Triumph port side......

2139102980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived