Zipling/Cave tubing Restrictions?

dakota57

Hi...We are cruising on the Navigatior of the Seas this December with 16 of our family members(most of us are first time cruisers & so excited!).

Both the Zip line & cave tour sound like lots of fun. Are there any age restrictions for either (we range from 8-73). Also, is it physically challenging? esp transfering on & off the platform?

Will the water be cool in December?

This forum is a wonderful resource, especially to us novices!

We did cave tubing in Belize and a zip-line in Roatan last Dec. The water in the river for cave tubing was cool--kind of a "yipes" when you first get in, then we didn't even notice it. I didn't ask about age restrictions, but I'm sure eight would be plenty old enough. The walk to the caves is about 30 minutes and I thought it was pretty easy (at 61) but others have stated it was harder for them. It was a little slick in spots (it had rained the day before) and is a dirt path with some minor scrambling down rocks. I guess it depends on whether you have mobility issues or not. The tubing itself was easy. The hardest part was getting onto the tube at the beginning, but our guides were very helpful at this.

Since we didn't zip-line in Belize, I can only go with our experience in Roatan. We enjoyed it and the guides were there to help you on landings on the platform. We did have to climb a little to the first and last platforms. Our zipline also had wood bridges and cables, which were a challenge and would be hard for any one who is not is decent shape. There were kids eight or younger on our tour. I think there are ziplines that don't have bridges, only zipping, which would be easier.

Thanks for all the great info..both sound like alot of fun..I know my Grandson who is 9 will love the "adventure" of both. We didn't want to offer it until we knew he would be allowed to go.

The zipline concerns me for some older family, I will look into whether there are bridges in Belize.

Appreciate your input!! :)

I do think you need to check with the tour operator or cruise line as to age restrictions so that you aren't disappointed. I know some activities are restricted to, say, older than 12, probably due to insurance problems.

It seems to me that the cruise line excursions are often more restrictive as to age than private operators, but, again, be sure to check so there aren't any nasty surprises. Since we didn't have kids with us, we didn't check on ages.

Archived