HELP! Best way to fold clothes!

Hey everyone

Before you bash me im still a teen! Can you say the best way to fold shirts? Button down shirts to be exact. Whenever I do it the way I do, the backs and sleeves always get wrinkled!

thanks

Try to use as few folds as possible...I'll try to explain. Button shirt, every other one will do, lay down on flat surface with back side up, smooth out as much as possible, take each sleeve,(long or short),and fold it across the back which will be at an angle. If you fold on the sleeve seam you should get the correct angle.Long sleeves will almost form an x. Fold shirt in half, top to bottom and carefully lay in suitcase. Just remember, the fewer folds, the better. Try to hang up your shirts as soon as you get where you're going.

Unless the shirt is a knit (as in a T-shirt) I've never had much luck with the rolling method.

The first response was a good idea, even better if you lay several shirts together and fold them as one. The softer the fold, the less chance of wrinkling. If you put either tissue paper or plastic dry cleaner bags in between the laters, you'll have even less of a chance of wrinkles.

The wrinkles happen because of two reasons. One, clothing is packed too tightly and compressed into wrinkles. And two, clothing shifts around after it is packed.

I like packing folders for shirts, they can be re-used for years and keep everything neat and fairly wrinkle free even when packed for long periods of time:

http://www.ebags.com/travel_accessories/packing_folders/cubes/packing_folders/category_search/index.cfm?Ne=100&N=4001+20038337

Hey everyone Before you bash me im still a teen! Can you say the best way to fold shirts? Button down shirts to be exact. Whenever I do it the way I do, the backs and sleeves always get wrinkled!thanks

I wish you the best of luck! The easiest or me...I just got used to wearing wrinkled clothes!

Yep, been rolling my clothes for years. The trick is to put the shirt down, then the shorts or pants, then the underwear and socks and roll. THis way the shirt is the least rolled and stays wrinkle free. You have an out fit and can pull it out. I always bring a small bottle of wrinkle release too. Works like a charm.

The best thing for button down shirts is to hang them on hangers and use a garment bag.

My husband puts about 8 shirts on a hanger and on each and every shirt, brings the sleeves foward and the cuffs meet in the front of the shirt. He then puts a plastic bag over them and never has any wrinkles.

He used a roll-on garment bag that has both hanging and packing space.

Hope this helps.

Archived