Two Choices, which one to go with?

cds62

We have narrowed our choices down to either the Courtyard on Miami Beach or the J.W. Marriott on Brickell Ave. There is a group of twelve travelling which include children from 11-13 as well as adults up to 65yrs old. We arrive in Miami at about 4pm and were looking for something near some restaurants and in an area with something to do that is safe and appropriate for the kids. Any help is appreciated. We would be visiting in November for one night.

We have narrowed our choices down to either the Courtyard on Miami Beach or the J.W. Marriott on Brickell Ave. There is a group of twelve travelling which include children from 11-13 as well as adults up to 65yrs old. We arrive in Miami at about 4pm and were looking for something near some restaurants and in an area with something to do that is safe and appropriate for the kids. Any help is appreciated. We would be visiting in November for one night.

That is tought. The JW is much nicer than Courtyards but the CBM is right on the beach however, it is on a very very busy street and you will not get to the hotel before 5PM. The JW is also on a very busy street.

All things being equal, I'd go with the JW Marriott because it is a much nicer hotel.

My two cents: I live in Brickell, about half a block away from the JW Marriot. I find that Brickell is a more family friendly area then that of the Beach Marriot. There are a handful of really nice/fun restaurants that I can direct you too. Miami Beach is a fun place too but more trendy, loud, crowded and with kids and older adults maybe you would want something a little more laid back. The JW is a great hotel.

Is it easy to get to and use the Metromover from the J.W. if we wanted to get to Bayside? I was leaning to the J.W. because of it being a more upscale hotel but our only concern was finding a restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Any suggestions on area restaurants would be appreciated.

Is it easy to get to and use the Metromover from the J.W. if we wanted to get to Bayside? I was leaning to the J.W. because of it being a more upscale hotel but our only concern was finding a restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Any suggestions on area restaurants would be appreciated.

For breakfast you can go to Delilane www.delilane.com about two blocks away and for brunch you can go to perricones www.perricones.com They also have good lunch and dinner. YOu can go to Novecento, PF changs, Oceanaire Seafood, Archie's, Le Providence, Rosinella's, Grimpa (opening soon), Tabacco road, Indochine Asian bistro, River Oyster and you can cab it over to Bayside for Hooters, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Hard Rock, and various other restaurants. www.baysidemarketplace.com .

The metromover is about a block away and very simple to use, although even if you take it to Bayside you still will need to walk a couple of blocks. It does not drop you off directly in front. I wouldn't use it at night either.

Archived