New to HAL - Questions

jamon

Does anyone have copies of menus from a caribbean cruise? Also, does HAL have a welcome aboard cocktail party like some other lines? It also seems to me that if you have a Mariner number than you are invited to a champagne party on some night...do they serve anything to snack on at either of these? I am new to HAL and was just wondering what they do compared to other lines that I have sailed....thanks

I don't have any menus to share---sorry. I can say that I've never gone hungry on a cruise! :D

There are several parties during a cruise. There's a Captain's Welcome Aboard. In the past it has been a cocktail party before dinner. There are hors d'oeuvres and the good nuts (besides drinks). There have been a few reports of some cruises having an abbreviated Welcome Aboard after dinner/before the show. I don't know if this fleet-wide.

There's also a Mariner's Party for those on the second or subsequent HAL cruise. Again, in the past it has been a party before dinner, and sometimes a late-morning gathering. Again, there were drinks, hors d'oeurves, and the good nuts. Recently this has been a luncheon for those who have reached set milestones.

There is also a cocktail party for those in suites. Not my area of expertise.

There is usually a VIP party. There's no definitive criteria for that guest list.

Archived