No One Sailing Aug 10/07 to Alaska?

v7j2c1

May be my imagination, but I think I might be the only one cruising to Alaska on Celebrity Mercury on Aug 10/07. I see folks postings for cruises before and after, but NONE on the cruise I'm taking. Have they ever cancelled a cruise for lack of passengers?

May be my imagination, but I think I might be the only one cruising to Alaska on Celebrity Mercury on Aug 10/07. I see folks postings for cruises before and after, but NONE on the cruise I'm taking. Have they ever cancelled a cruise for lack of passengers?

If you base your opinion on the roll calls on these boards, there is next to no one crusing on my Alaskan cruise either. Have also read messages from here other Alaskan cruisers on other dates with the same low counts.

There must be something about the demographic taking Alaskan cruises this summer and these boards and/or roll calls.

In any event, I see that most of the categories on my cruise are now listed as sold out by Celebrity.

I don't think the cruises will get cancelled!

Sad to report, but you won't have the ship to yourselves! As many people as there are cruising these days, it's still small fraction that even know about CC. Our roll call is very inactive for this sailing, but on two other cruises I took (not X, but I don't think that has anything to do with it), the roll calls were very active and had a large number participating.

My roll call for the June 29 sailing on the Mercury is also practically non-existent. A cruiser from the cruise before mine and I actually got our own roll call going because we could not garner much interest up for a good roll call for our own individual cruise (thanks Kruisecat for sharing my enthusiasm!).

That is why I have bought a Cruise Critic shirt! I plan to wear it, and hopefully, will meet some other cruisers onboard who are familiar with the site. I also hope to have others who are not familiar with this board to ask me what exactly is Cruise Critic.

Here's wishing that maybe next time, I will have a more active Roll Call before my cruise!

Your welcome DaisyGirl! It has certainly been a pleasure meeting you and sharing all of our planning. And even though we're not on the same cruise I know we're going to be friends for a long time!

As for the 6/22/07 roll call, we too have been slow. There are only 3

other posters to that one as well. I'm just chalking it up to the fact that so many of the X cruisers on these boards have already done Alaska and that we will have a ship full of newbies or cruise critic unkowns. (Hope that makes sense!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=538736

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=440446

It was hard to find but there is someone waiting to hear from you.

But I know the feeling. Our roll call is sooooooooooo slow. Someone posts and then goes off into cyperspace never to be heard from again. I'm mean I don't bite and I don't want to be your joined-at-the-hip friend. Just compare notes and share the excitement. I know people look at it because the count goes up but ... alas.....

We're on the same sailing as StknCPA (Alaska 6/24). There are only a few people that have posted on our roll call. I agree that not everyone knows about the CC Boards. If you follow the roll calls it seems the same few people do most of the posting anyway. I tried to keeo several roll calls going and finally gave up. You'll have a wonderful cruise anyway.

Gem

Archived