April 2008 Honeymoon cruise

shauny

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the boards. I was referred here by a cruise TA to determine which cruise is best for me and my future hubby. We will be cruising in early April (the first week) and don't exactly know how to chose the best cruise for us. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've heard two descriptions of a great cruise. 1. pick based on the ship and not the itinerary and the opposite, pick based on itinreary because it's not a guarantee that you'll stop at all of the ports on your itinerary. My fiance is about the itinerary and I'm more interested in what the ship offers. Is there a compromise for this?

Based on when we have to cruise can anyone give their opinions on how to pick a cruise. We were going to go with RC but our TA said the Carnival isn't as bad as I heard they were and I should also consider them. Everytime I think we've decided, I read something that changes my mind. HELP!

First, let me welcome you to CC. Both CC are highly addictive things. :D

We took our honeymoon on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas and LOVED it. You can read a detailed review by clicking on the link in my signature. We decided on this cruise based on both ship and itinerary. DH (my Dear Husband) had done more cruises than I had, and I wanted to do an intinerary that was new to both of us. That way we could make our own new adventures together. The ship at the time was tied with being the 2nd largest ship (it is now tied for third), so it offered lots of things to do onboard as well. There are ways to have both if you plan things just right.

Personally, I love RCI. But there are many people on here who love Carnival. I'm not going to get into that. Just telling you what we came up with for our honeymoon, and it worked out very well.

I wish you and your future husband a wonderful wedding & honeymoon, whatever you decide.

We love Princess. We love the anytime dinning, freash water pools and hot tubbs, open late. We love the adults only aft pools and the spa. We tried Carnival, it was ok. The food was in our view, nothing special. Whatever you decide, have a great time! :D

Archived