Special cabin request

Frankie Sue

We will be aboard the Noordam this Fall. We are booked in an SY cabin and I have noticed that the chairs on the balcony are straight back and do not seem all that comfortable. On our last cruise on the Amsterdam, we were very spoiled to be in a SA cabin and therefore we had 2 good size loungers on the balcony. We like to relax there and read in the afternoon.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for us to request that the balcony chairs be replaced by loungers. Do you know if our cabin stewart would be obliging enough to accommodate this request.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever made that request.

I’ll look forward to your comments.

Frankie Sue

I really thought that SS and SY cabins had at least one lounger. I'm sure I'll find out here

BUT, the representations of veranda furniture on the website is not all that accurate. We were in a VA cabin on Rotterdam and had loungers, we even asked our cabin steward for an extra one, and he delivered it almost right away.

GN

I had an SY on the Noordam. There is a table with two chairs and two deep seated chairs, padded, with two ottomans and a small table in between. All chairs were comfortable and I found with the ottoman, a lounger was not needed.

On the subject of lounge chairs on verandahs, we're in a stern VA -- will we have lounge chairs or just straight back wicker-type chairs? Seems to me I either read or saw a photo of one of the stern VAs with the two chairs plus a lounge. If there is ONE lounge chair, is their room for a second one???

Archived