Where to go with kids in Cozumel...ages 7, 5 & 22 months.

I've posted on the Cozumel port of call, but seems no one is on there or doesn't know the answer to my question. We're looking for a nice beach where the kids can play. I can't decide on Playa Mia, Paradise Beach or Passion Island or any others I haven't heard about yet. Anyone have any suggestions? Looks like it will be a busy day in Cozumel the day we are there...I believe 4 cruise ships will be in port the same day...ugh!

Looks like it will be a busy day in Cozumel the day we are there...I believe 4 cruise ships will be in port the same day...ugh!

4 ships is not a busy day at all. What happened to the 8-9 ships that used to dock there.

i think ibetter get back there while its not so crowded

DH and I went to Paradise Beach last year and had a great time. In fact, we still talk about how that simple beach day was the best day of the whole trip. The only potential negative, if I remember correctly, is that the shoreline is a bit rocky, so for young children, it can be difficult to get in and out of the swim area.

If you do decide to go to PB, I suggest going early. DH and I went as soon as we could get off the ship, and we got prime chair location. Within an hour, the beach was packed with rows of chairs.

Have fun...I'm very jealous!!

I say Paradise Beach. It is very clean, the food and drinks are great, and the atmosphere is wonderful. I think it costs $10.00 to play on the floatables. My youngest DD just had a great time playing in the sand. I think it costs us $12.00 for a cab and our food and drink bill was not bad at all.

Another vote for Paradise Beach.

Was there 2 years ago, and it's really nice. Good food, good drinks. And nice activities for the kids.

Joanne

I've posted on the Cozumel port of call, but seems no one is on there or doesn't know the answer to my question. We're looking for a nice beach where the kids can play. I can't decide on Playa Mia, Paradise Beach or Passion Island or any others I haven't heard about yet. Anyone have any suggestions? Looks like it will be a busy day in Cozumel the day we are there...I believe 4 cruise ships will be in port the same day...ugh!

I have only been to Paradise Beach but I can tell you that we had a wonderful time there. It is a nice clean beach, easy to get to and really reasonable for food and drinks. The beach chairs and umbrellas are free. It cost $9.00 to use the water toys.

4 ships is not a busy day at all. What happened to the 8-9 ships that used to dock there.

i think ibetter get back there while its not so crowded

Most other days it was only showing 2 ships in port...so I took 4 to be alot...guess I was wrong.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. We were there on the 18th and had a good time. The youngest member of our group was 20 months and she's not a big fan of sand or water but she did like the chips and salsa as well as the nachos and pineapple smoothie! We were in port with 3 other ships and while the beach did have a crowd it was by no way over crowded. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas to go around.

There is no charge for chairs/umbrellas just spend $10 in food or drink. To use their snorkling equipment, climb the iceberg or play on the trampolines you pay an additional $9. The taxi ride for 6 of us was $28 (we had a van instead of 2 cabs which is why the price is higher) and we were there in about 15 minutes. Also there is no need to worry about drinking the water or having ice in non adult beverages as it is all filtered. Bathrooms were clean and there were tons of taxis waiting to take everyone back to the ship.

Here is the CC link with over 70 pages of PB stuff, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=38881

One of the posters, ParadiseBeachTom, actually works there and can tell you anything else you want to know. He'll also come find you if he knows when you'll be there. You'll find some recently posted pictures there also.

I would vote for paradise beach too. we stopped there on our way to the other side of the island in november and it was really nice. I think your older two children will really enjoy it. It was very clean and we noticed a lot of families.

so plenty of children for yours to play with and have fun.

The day we were there, I think there were 7 or 8 ships in port so four shouldn't be too bad. We went to Paradise Beach and it was great. We got chairs in the first row next to the ocean and it couldn't have been better. I'd recommend water shoes as the beach was a little rocky. It could have been from Hurricane Wilma too since we were there just a few months after it hit, but it can't hurt to have them, especially with kids. Oh and if you like seafood, try the shrimp ceviche. Huge portions and very tasty!

I've been to all three beaches and last week went with a 6 yr. old and a 2 yr. old. I had already been to all those beaches (among others) and gave it a lot of thought before we went. We've been to Coz 12 times now and had a pretty good idea of what each of our choices would be like.

My LAST choice would be Playa Mia. It's a zoo...very crowded and had a lot of other negatives that I could go on and on about. Passion Island was never a favorite of mine and the distance there (and cost) made us stay away from that choice again.

We decided on Paradise again and am SO GLAD we did. We got there early....about 9-9:30 a.m. to get chairs in the first row where the kids could play at the waters edge right in front of our chairs. The lifejackets (included with the $9 wristband) were great so we didn't have to worry. It also allowed the 6 yr. old to swim out with her mom to the trampoline and to go in the kayak with her mom as well. The 2 yr. old had such a wonderful time that she took a 2 hour nap on the beach (thank goodness!). The service was good and everything was clean and in tip-top shape. It was a wonderful choice with kids that small. I think you'll enjoy it.

I just got back from Cozumel Monday on the Fantasy with husband and two boys, 10 and 4. We went to Nachi Cocum and had a BLAST!!! It is not a Carnival excursion but you can book it through Island marketing. We had our own palapya and for $49 for dh and I (apiece) and $12 each for 4 thru 11 it was all you can eat or drink. They have a great pool with a swim up bar...the kids loved eating ice cream there! I taught my 10 year old Dos cervesas, por favor and dh and I never went without a drink. The staff there is AWESOME! Clean bathrooms, you can rent a locker, get massages, rent snorkling stuff, kayacks atc. The best thing is there are hardly any people there at all! We had maybe 20 total all day long! Easy to keep an eye on the kids, but still relax. We loved it! I definately recommend it. Look on the Cozumel board for reviews.

We love Paradise Beach as well. We have been there 3 times since October. However, just to give you another option to consider...Chank. (abbreviated) Park.

There is an entrance fee of $16.00 for adults (not sure about kids). But they have a lagoon for snorkeling, play area for children, etc. We have never been there, but have heard good things. I am certain you can find them on the net if you want more info.

Just wanted to list another option!

Have a great cruise.

Archived