6 of us set loose in New Orleans - where to stay

GB Chicago

Marriot has a hotel on St Charles that DH and I stayed in while working there....not sure about transportation to the pier...cab would work I'm sure. I think the pier is where the Ecstacy was docked as FEMA housing?? If so it's not far at all I don't think. (the port wasn't open when I left there) You could probably call them and ask about transport to the pier...the front desk people are wondeful!!

This hotel is one block off Canal one block down from Bourbon St. Just far enough away from Bourbon St but close enough to stumble back to. It's just a few block from Harrah's. The people there are nice and friendly. Only bummer is...it's totally non-smoking. So if you do smoke, make SURE to get a balcony room. (even though your not supposed to smoke there...at least it's outside above where people DO smoke)

MAKE SURE you hit Famous Door on a night when Rock Box is playing. AWESOME house band!!!

It's been a few years, but we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center pre-cruise and loved it. It's within walking distance to the pier (or a very short cab ride) and also within walking distance to the streetcar stop. We took the streetcar to the end of the French Quarter and walked back to the hotel. Anyway, the rates were very reasonable, the staff was friendly, the rooms were large and the expanded continental breakfast also saved us $$ (family of 4 with 2 hungry teenage boys!). Check out their website for pictures and more details if interested. (maybe a con for you----since it is near the pier, it is not close to bourbon street)

I've been thinking about this all day....

Word to the Wise:

DO NOT eat a Lucky Dog!!!!

I did on Bourbon St...I spent the entire next day in the port-o-pooper at work!!! :eek: Alas, I didn't learn my lesson and got a few hurricaines down my gullet and did it again...and again...and again....LMAO!!!

DO go to Cafe Du Monde...this place is WORLD FAMOUS and the coffee and beniets are perfect morning treat after a night out. They are open 24 hrs I believe.

Make sure you walk behind St Louis Cathedral at night. I can't remember the name of the street but it's so amazing at night...even for a heathen like me!! Took my breath away each and every time.

You lucky bum!! I so want to go back to NO and not be working....just to enjoy that beautiful city.

My wife and I went to bookit.com last night. We decided to book the 3 star mystery hotel deal 4 $49. We found out after we paid in full that it is the Saint Louis Hotel IN the French Quarter. We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and the total was 229.40. We are very happy and excited. We Will be there 7/26 and 7/27 and boarding the Fantasy 7/28. Mike And Dana

My wife and I went to bookit.com last night. We decided to book the 3 star mystery hotel deal 4 $49. We found out after we paid in full that it is the Saint Louis Hotel IN the French Quarter. We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and the total was 229.40. We are very happy and excited. We Will be there 7/26 and 7/27 and boarding the Fantasy 7/28. Mike And Dana

we stayed in the St. Louis hotel about 3 years ago. Great location. Old, but that's what I love about New Orleans. Clean room, beautiful courtyard, got some great pictures.

Archived