another beach question

gatripletmom

Hi, We are making our first cruise with the kids and first trip to cozumel. We have 7yo triplets and we want to spend a beach day. I have been looking around and are coming down to nachi cocom, PB and maybe San fransico. My big thing is, the trio would rather play in a pool than the beach, but I do want both choices. I know PB has no pool, but those water toys look too cool and I think my kids would like them. SF has a pool but I cant find any recent reviews or recommendations. Can someone give me some feedback on San Fran Beach. I know its right next to PB, so that might be nice????

We are going in 2 weeks, so our count down is here.

thanks,

Kris

Hi, We are making our first cruise with the kids and first trip to Cozumel. We have yo triplets and we want to spend a beach day. I have been looking around and are coming down to nacho co com, PB and maybe San Fransisco. My big thing is, the trio would rather play in a pool than the beach, but I do want both choices. I know PB has no pool, but those water toys look too cool and I think my kids would like them. SF has a pool but I cant find any recent reviews or recommendations. Can someone give me some feedback on San Fran Beach. I know its right next to PB, so that might be nice????

We are going in 2 weeks, so our count down is here.

thanks,

Kris

Recent reviews of San Fran have been good... You can always buy the water toy braclet from Pb and they get the best of both!!!:D

Tiffany,

I still havent made up mind. But we sail in 8 days, so I think Nachi Cocum is out, since you have to pre-book. It does look so nice!!!

I saw an review on trip advisor about San Francisco and it was bad, so not sure about it. But again, my kids love swimming in the pool more than ocean, but the toys from PB look neat. Also looked at Playa Mia..........

I am so not sure, if I decide before we leave next week, I will post. And of course after we get back, I will let you know.

Have fun.

Kris

Hey ga3mom,

Just to let you know, I climbed the iceberg at PB and I'm 56. I know the triplets will love it.

Since Pb and SF are close, you can check out SF and if you don't like it, walk next door.

Tiffany,

I still havent made up mind. But we sail in 8 days, so I think Nachi Cocum is out, since you have to pre-book. It does look so nice!!!

I saw an review on trip advisor about San Francisco and it was bad, so not sure about it. But again, my kids love swimming in the pool more than ocean, but the toys from PB look neat. Also looked at Playa Mia..........

I am so not sure, if I decide before we leave next week, I will post. And of course after we get back, I will let you know.

Have fun.

Kris

Alot of things to think about when looking at a review... Trip adviser is one sided and you don't always get the whole story or the flavor for the people posting it... It could have been a vacationer there during high season and yes no matter what beach you choose during those times will be busy!! Enjoy no matter where ya go.:D

I have the same question PB or SF. Any thoughts?? I have a little more time. Sail in 45 days. Two kids and DH. Kids would prefer a pool. Is the pool at SF fresh-water?

I have the same question PB or SF. Any thoughts?? I have a little more time. Sail in 45 days. Two kids and DH. Kids would prefer a pool. Is the pool at SF fresh-water?

It is fresh water... They are side by side ao if you dont like one you can move to the other... Bad thing is san fran now charges $8 for a chair.. :confused:

It is fresh water... They are side by side ao if you dont like one you can move to the other... Bad thing is san fran now charges $8 for a chair.. :confused:

Let me get a clear understanding. You do not have to buy an AI and SF. You do have to pay $8 for a chair and for beach and pool. ( I really need to know if we will access to the pool, if we pay $8 for a chair) Then you can walk over to PB and pay $9 for a water toy braclet, the chair is free at PB. That way I can pay for drinks where ever you go. Is all of this correct?

I have not seen this $8 charge quoted any where on their website...only the AI.

Anyone????

Let me get a clear understanding. You do not have to buy an AI and SF. You do have to pay $8 for a chair and for beach and pool. ( I really need to know if we will access to the pool, if we pay $8 for a chair) Then you can walk over to PB and pay $9 for a water toy braclet, the chair is free at PB. That way I can pay for drinks where ever you go. Is all of this correct?

I have not seen this $8 charge quoted any where on their website...only the AI.

Anyone????

The $8 entry fee is rather new. But yes that includes use of the pool and chair/lounger. PB only asks that you purchase $10 in food or drink to use a chair. $9 per person extra to use the toys.. Yes pay as you got at either place.:)

Ok, we were at cozumel on saturday June 16. When we got off the ship, it was very cloudy down towards the beaches, so we decided to shop and ride the horse and buggy around town. Shortly after lunch, we hopped into taxi $15 to PB for 5 of us (from Punta Lago.) Met Tom right after we got there. We didnt do the beach toys, since we arrived later than we first thought and of course 1 of my trio will not get into sea water, so he sat on chair and watched the rest of us play in the water. The water at the beach wasnt as blue as I thought it would be, but it was soooo much nicer than the Gulf water in Fla!!!! Anyway, very few people there, I am guessing about 30-40. I walked next door to San Fran and there was only about 10 people on that side. I didnt walk up the pool area though.

We left within 2 hours of arriving, I was wanting to make sure we made it back in plenty of time. The taxi ride back was $20. I guess they can charge you whatever, since they know you got to get back. ;-)

Anyway, I will be writing a review about our "Holiday" cruise within a couple of days.

Kris

Archived