meetings aboard

nitwit

would it be possible to arrange an rrec or bentley drivers club meeting while on board and if so, has anyone done it before?

glenn.

Hi,

I have a friend who organises meetings for RR enthusiasts, he lives in St Helens (maybe you know of him) :D

Hi,

I have a friend who organises meetings for RR enthusiasts, he lives in St Helens (maybe you know of him) :D

maybe i do, we've met club members from all over the country.

i just thought it may be an excuse for a social gathering that's all.

I love both RR and Bentley , sadly i cant afford one yet, but do get rides in my friends and also his jaguars :D

would it be possible to arrange an rrec or bentley drivers club meeting while on board and if so, has anyone done it before?

I don't see any reason why you can't - after all they hold meetings for just about anything else!

I'm not sure how much of a social gathering it would be though - it would probably be unhosted (definitely no free booze) and would probably be less well attended that FOD:(

You'd have to make sure you excluded the new continental drivers, otherwise the tone would be lowered.

Nothing from the current range other than the Arnage or Azure.

Matthew

I don't see any reason why you can't - after all they hold meetings for just about anything else!

I'm not sure how much of a social gathering it would be though - it would probably be unhosted (definitely no free booze) and would probably be less well attended that FOD:(

it's surprising how many people have them hiding away in the garage and don't drive them yet are still all club members.

i just thought a meeting like a back corner of one of the bars.

i've just realised, i'm posting under nitty:confused: . i am a nitwit.

glenn.

glenn.

Perhaps we can organize something. We have a Bentley Continental GT. My mother has a lovely vintage Rolls Silver Shadow (which is related to the Bentley- T series). Let me know if you are interested? :cool:

glenn.

Perhaps we can organize something. We have a Bentley Continental GT. My mother has a lovely vintage Rolls Silver Shadow ( which is related to the Bentley- T series). Let me know if you are interested? :cool:

would it be possible to arrange an rrec or bentley drivers club meeting while on board

No reason why you cant do it, ask at the cruise staff office and they will hopefully include it in the programme. They have them for other groups, Masons,Roundtable etc

Glenn, You havent by any chance attended the REC gatherings at Nethybridge?

In days of old they would give you a certificate printed with the people who attended the informal gathering, l still have my one,The Goat was kept in the Kennels during the gatherings;)

Interestingly on my last cruise they had a formal Masons gathering in the Yacht Club,Quite strange how the FOD gathering was missed from the programme that day, l didnt know which one to go :eek:

Perhaps we can organize something. We have a Bentley Continental GT. My mother has a lovely vintage Rolls Silver Shadow ( which is related to the Bentley- T series). Let me know if you are interested? :cool:

my uncle is currently awaiting delivery of the convertible.

are you on our cruise?

No reason why you cant do it, ask at the cruise staff office and they will hopefully include it in the programme. They have them for other groups, Masons,Roundtable etc

Glenn, You havent by any chance attended the REC gatherings at Nethybridge?

In days of old they would give you a certificate printed with the people who attended the informal gathering, l still have my one,The Goat was kept in the Kennels during the gatherings;)

Interestingly on my last cruise they had a formal Masons gathering in the Yacht Club,Quite strange how the FOD gathering was missed from the programme that day, l didnt know which one to go :eek:

if you mean nethybridge in scotland then no, but i bought an e type from near there last year and drove it home. i live just outside hastings!

glenn.

Nitwit, believe it or not we are BDC members. Husband would be v pleased to meet up & talk Bentley engines etc. He built his own Mark 6 special (over about 8 years) I was virtually brought up in my Dad`s 4 1/2 litre. V hardy us Scots. We didnt know cars could have roofs. Used to have to defrost our hair on the radiator at school. Getting the bus was an unimaginable luxury.We may have some acquaintances in common. Its a small world.

Nitwit, believe it or not we are BDC members. Husband would be v pleased to meet up & talk Bentley engines etc. He built his own Mark 6 special (over about 8 years) I was virtually brought up in my Dad`s 4 1/2 litre. V hardy us Scots. We didnt know cars could have roofs. Used to have to defrost our hair on the radiator at school. Getting the bus was an unimaginable luxury.We may have some acquaintances in common. Its a small world.

hi,

sorry i haven't replied, i've been away.

yes it would be interesting to meet up and talk about 'proper cars'.

bring photos.

glenn.

Archived