Celebrity Birthday Package

ekeberg

Yes, I did it for my husbands birthday last summer on the Millenium. It was a complete suprise, our room was done while we were on an excursion. they decorated the whole room, blue streamers hanging all over the ceiling, on the sides of the bed by the lamps, and on the door to the balcony. The wall mirror had a huge cut out of a ship on itand there was also one on the sliding doors. A card with birthday wishes was included with a fruit bowl. At the end of the cruise our room steward told us the fruit bowl was ours to keep. It is very cute and festive, a great suprise gift. My advise, go for it!!!!!

My traveling companion has a birthday while we are cruising, where do you find this information out about birthday packages? Sounds like something I'd like to do for her. Thanks

We have celebrated Birthdays while onboard and I must say that the decorations in the room have been 3 blue/white tissue paper ornaments hanging from the ceiling as well as a sign posted on the exterior of the cabin door.

We have never received a Birthday Card nor fruit bowl/basket. The Birthday package has always been provided by our TA. I certainly would not pay for it myself!

I must say that I always inform our waiter/ass't maitre'd early in our sailing about the upcoming Birthday so that the obligatory cake complete with candle is presented to the table for all to celebrate. It brings a smile on everyone's face when the chorus of "Hoppy Birssday" is sung. And the chocolate cake isn't bad either!!! We usually bring down our "bonus" bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy it with our tablemates with dessert and toast the Birthday boy.

Sandy

Native New Yorker and Prairie girl thanks for the information. I was wondering

if they filled the cabin with balloons?

V7j2c1,

If you go the the Celebrity web site and go to the bottom of the page and click on gifts it will have all services they offer.

my Dad always orders the decoration package each time I cruise- even though it isn't my birthday. It is a nice bon voyage idea and my son just loves it! We take down one decoration each time- and then suspend them from the ceiling in his room at home. They are great momentos from our cruises. We are cruise-aholics!

my Dad always orders the decoration package each time I cruise- even though it isn't my birthday. It is a nice bon voyage idea and my son just loves it! We take down one decoration each time- and then suspend them from the ceiling in his room at home. They are great momentos from our cruises. We are cruise-aholics!

How much is the package? I presume it must be worth it since you are paying for it even when it is nor your birthday.

On our most recent cruise, we brought along flat pack wrapping paper, tape, balloons (Which we blew up and taped around) and streamers. We did our own decorations for my grandmother's birthday and she loved it and we saved a ton of money. We also took her up to the disco one night, where one of the people with us told the DJ it was her 80th bday (it was) and the DJ had the whole nightclub singing happy birthday to my grandmother and then singing "Hey grandma, its your birthday, you gotta party like its your birthday". She is still talking about it! Sometimes the lesser expensive things make the best impressions.

Archived