Glory Tours, Our Day

tnsail

Ok, for the 5th time I'm gonna try to post this. :mad:

This was our first trip to Barbados and it was made extra special by the folks of Glory Tours. We arrived at Barbados aboard the Carnival Destiny. After disembarking the ship we made our way thru the main security gate to meet with the tour folks.

Glory Tours offers several different tours. These tours are set up on a pre-pay program. Once you have choosen your tour you fill out the info and enter your CC information. Glory Tours will then send you a tour pass via e-mail that has all the information needed including a map to meet up with them on tour day. This system works well for one and all, as you can already have your tour paid for before you leave for your cruise. We did the Explore and Discover Barbados Tour.

After all the members of our tour were collected we were taken to a nice clean air conditioned van close to the collection point. I will say at this time that this land portion of the tour is very laid back as you can do as much or as little walking at the stops along the way for "Digital Moments".

The van we were in could have seated 10 persons very easily but there were 8 folks on the tour so plenty of room for everyone. Another hint is try to sit as close to front of the van as possible, as Barbados roads could be a bit smoother.

After we entered the van our guide took us along the Atlantic side of the island first. I must ask for forgiveness as I have lost my list that I had all the guides names for the different excursions :o . He was very knowledgeable, well spoken and easily understood from the back of the van. We were also given a map that we could follow along, forget it, there was too much to see to worry about a map....:) We were treated to many amusing stories and the local history of the areas that we were in were weaved in nicely.

We had many stops along the way for "Digital Moments" and these were many. Not only is the Atlantic side of the island a true beauty but it also shows the true power of the mighty ocean. About noon we were taken to a local roadside cafe no different than anytown USA were we were treated to either grilled chicken or fried flying fish with all the trimmings... yum yum... After leaving this point we were taken to the northern most point of the island were the Atlantic met the Caribbean Sea... Digital Moment for sure.....

Then we headed down the Caribbean side of the island were we soon said goodbye to our guide as we were to do the sea portion of this tour. We were lead to a glassbottomed boat were we were taken to turtle area and allowed to snorkle/swim with them ... Digital Moment to the Max.... make sure you have your underwater cameras as this was the best part of the tour for me... Leaving this area and heading a couple of 100 yards to the south, we were shown different types of corals and shown a sunken boat. We were allowed to swim/snorkle this area also. Since I splashed the boat operator pretty good going into the water, he waited till I was a few yards away from the boat and then started throwing bread at me. Needless to say I was soon in swarm of different types of fish going for the bread. If you want fish swimming right against your facemask just splash the operator with water.... DIGITAL MOMENT.... lol

After the water portion was over we were taken back to the shore where we were picked up by another driver and taken back to the ship. What a wonderful day we had..... Thanks Sarah, you made our trip to Barbados so special and memories that shall last a lifetime.....

You can contact Glory Tours at glorytours.org

We toured Barbados with Glory Tours in April and was very satisfied with our experience. We enjoyed the orchid farm and the wild life preserve as well as snorkeling. Ricky was a great guide. We would absolutely recommend this company.

Archived