Fire-related road closures?

taffy12

This isn't technically a cruise question - sorry - but we're driving down from Atlanta to Port Canaveral on Saturday and are worried about the fires in south Georgia and Florida disrupting our usual route. Where's the best place to go to find out about the latest (and projected?) road/highway closures?

This isn't technically a cruise question - sorry - but we're driving down from Atlanta to Port Canaveral on Saturday and are worried about the fires in south Georgia and Florida disrupting our usual route. Where's the best place to go to find out about the latest (and projected?) road/highway closures?

Your State website should have a link to your Dept. of Transportation. Ours (Washington) has road closures, traffic conditions, etc. I am only assuming your State would have similar. I would start with Googling Florida or Georgia Department of Transportation. I would bet something comes up.

The roads are open here in Florida, i would presume you are going to use 75 south to the Fl. Turnpike to SR 528 ( beach line expy ).

You shouldnt have any problems. You must be leaving very early on Saturday morning. Honestly, if you can, leave friday morning and stay the night in Port Canaveral. There are alot of hotels in the area that have specials with a nights stay and parking at the hotel ( cheaper ). I would just hate to see you miss your cruise if something happens like an accident that ties up the roads.

Tim

The roads are open here in Florida, i would presume you are going to use 75 south to the Fl. Turnpike to SR 528 ( beach line expy ).

You shouldnt have any problems. You must be leaving very early on Saturday morning. Honestly, if you can, leave friday morning and stay the night in Port Canaveral. There are alot of hotels in the area that have specials with a nights stay and parking at the hotel ( cheaper ). I would just hate to see you miss your cruise if something happens like an accident that ties up the roads.

Tim

Thank you for your concern, but we actually are leaving a day early, as we board on Sunday! We just didn't want our already long drive to take any longer than necessary so we can enjoy our night in Cocoa Beach. And yes, we are taking 75. Glad to know it's looking ok.

We traveled May12th and ran into roads closed. We had to go nearly one hour west from I75. Than by the time you hit the samll towns, etc. we had nearly 3 hours added to our drive. We called when we got off on Sunday. No closures than. Call *GHP or *FHP for updates. Call numbers are posted.

We traveled May12th and ran into roads closed. We had to go nearly one hour west from I75. Than by the time you hit the samll towns, etc. we had nearly 3 hours added to our drive. We called when we got off on Sunday. No closures than. Call *GHP or *FHP for updates. Call numbers are posted.

Is there a charge for these?

• 2 weeks later...

I-10 to 75. South on 75 to the Florida Turnpike. Turnpike ends at 95 (do not get ont the turnpike extension towards Homestead or you may end up in Key West.lol) 95 south to 395 east. 395 east to 1st exit (sign says US1/Biscayne Blvd/Port of Miami). Traveling the turnpike is well worth it, less traffic then I95 and plenty of service plazas with clean restrooms.

Archived