?'s re 4 in a cabin

I currently have 3 people booked in room 7668 on Liberty - D1 balcony. I want to add a 4rd. Am I crazy? The IDEAL situation would be the sofa bed and a roll away. This room does not have the pullman beds. The 3 currently booked are me, my dd (9), and my friend - I would like to include his son (14). The set up would be 2 twin beds (for the 2 adults - even though we would like the queen setup - can't cuz we are not married) and then the sofa bed for one kid and the cot for the other - I can't ask the two of them to share the sofa bed. The only other option i see is me and my dd sharing the sofa bed and giving the twin beds to the boys - and i don't want to sleep on the sofa bed. So, do you think there would be enough room? It may end up being a non issue - the cruise is over thanksgiving and the son is supposed to spend it with his mom - but hoping she will let him go.

Thanks -

Kathy

I don't know if it would be affordable to do so or not, but my advice (FWIW) would be to book two cabins. You've got a lot of variables at play here...including, but not limited to, how the whole situation would look if your ex or your boyfriend's ex ever wanted to take you back to court for custody issues. Please don't think I'm being preachy... far from it. I've just been through the world's most expensive, contentious divorce ever and had a really expensive attorney that always told me to avoid situations like this like the black plaugue (and I live in a no-fault state). Even if it ends up just being you, your BF and your daughter, you'd be better off with 2 cabins IMO... BUT, I'm basing my advice on my knowledge base and YOU might have the nicest, sweetest, most reasonable ex in the whole world in which case you should do whatever makes you happy and not worry about it! Happy cruising!! :)

I took my kids and friend on our first cruise (4 of us in a JS) The cot barely fit in a JS, not sure it'll work in a D1.

The two room idea is probably your best bet unless you can upgrade to the JS.

Also, does your room have the full sofa or does it have the loveseat ... with a loveseat you both won't fit :(

has a sofa. As for kids/ex issues - i was never married - so I have nothing to worry about and his ex has been living with her boyfriend for years (they are not married) plus his son is going to be 15 - they don't follow any type of arrainged custody (but they do switch off holidays every year) - the son just goes where he wants, when he wants and it works out for all.

I looked into a JS and they are sold out. I don't want to do 2 rooms. I guess if his mom lets him come - I will couch it. I am not the type of person that will prevent someone coming on a cruise because i don't want to sleep on a couch. Although - the son always sleeps on the couch at home - and i read on this board the other day about some people sleeping on the louge chairs on the balcony and enjoying it....hum...something to think about!

thanks!

Kathy

Kathy... Thanks for realizing I wasn't trying to be preachy... just worried! I'm glad to hear that you don't have all the same issues to deal with that I did. If y'all can fit that would be great. When my boys were your daughter's age, they were often more comfortable sleeping on a pallet on the floor than on a cot or a sleeper sofa in a hotel room. Housekeeping is always great about bringing in a ton of extra linens. What about you and your boyfriend in the twin beds... his son on the couch and your daughter on a pallet on the floor between the twin beds or in the hallway by the cabin door or something? There isn't a ton of floor space, but nine year olds don't take up that much room!

Before you think too much about it, you should check to see if there are any cabins available for 4 on your sailing... Once the ship has sold its quota of quads, it really doesn't matter what the sleeping arrangements might be, they are not going to let you add a 4th to your cabin (even if it could accomodate with pullmans!) If I were you, I would check that out first. Then, if there are any available balcony cabins with maybe 1 pullman and a sleeper sofa, then I would switch to that!

Good Luck!

A~

Here's an idea - since you and your friend were planning on using twin beds insted of a queen, book 2 smaller connecting cabins (if available). You might want to get an oceanview instead of a balcony to save money.

You and your daughter in one cabin and your friend and his son in the other. Somehow a 15 year old young adult boy and a 9 year girl that are not related might be frown on by the cruise line. This way all 4 of you gets to sleep in a twin bed instead of on a sofa bed or pullman. You will also get quality time with your daughter on a "cruise" and still be able to have fun with your boyfriend on the cruise.

And, if the mood strikes you, you can always send the kids to the kid zone for a few hours and return to one of the rooms for a little shipboard romance. ;)

countdown.pl?name=Cruise_Lover&date=1-13-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Cruises and birthdays are matches made in heaven!&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Norwegian Sun - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

rooms - has gone way up - even inside rooms. I booked this awhile ago when the prices were pretty low. But as vickiw0318 suggested - I will check again after final payments are due - maybe we will have luck then.

Kathy

person who wants what she wants when she wants it. This morning I thought it would be nice if the son could come along - but wasn't determinded to make it happen. But now that RCI said it can't happen - I MUST HAVE IT HAPPEN. Ugh - sometimes I hate being like this. (although, it is nice - cuz i normally get what i want.) So, i am going to have my friend check with the mom to make sure it is okay with her (i don't want her to be alone over thanksgiving - so if she has plans hopefully she will let him come) and if we get her okay - I will start calling RCI everyday until a room for 4 opens up.

Kathy

I'd have a privacy issue with the 14 year old. My sons would have balked at sharing with me at that age. You just never know when you will wake up with the covers thrown off and scar them for life.

A second issue would be space. My nieces had an aft balcony next to us, with one of them sleeping on the pullout sofa. The room was packed to the gills with suitcases and stuff. I don't know how you'd get a rollaway in there.

I'd go with the two cheapest cabins you could afford, next to each other. Bonus is that you'll get two bathrooms, too.

Viv

I just called RCI and they are not accepting any more 4 person cabins - they are full. I can book 2 rooms (2 people in each) but it would cost a fortune. Oh well.

kathy

Price it out - don't assume that it's a fortune. For $110 more than the cost of putting our sons in our balcony room, we booked them an inside room across the hall. Well worth the extra $110 total for the extra space and sanity. So persons 3 & 4 in a balcony is approximately the same cost as 1 & 2 in an inside room.

I just got off the LOS from the maiden voyage and stayed in cabin 7668! We are a family of 4. DH and I stayed in the bed, which felt bigger than queen and our 2 boys (10 and 12) slept on the pull out. My boys had enough room even though they still fought! Sounds like your best bet would be to put your friend and his son on the pullout couch and you and DD take the bed or vice versa. The pull out was definitely a sofa and not a loveseat! GL!! :D :D :D

Was the room wonderful?????? If you have any pictures I would love to see them! I called and they do have an inside across the hall open for 2500. Which is just to much $ for me right now. I would also have to figure in air - so I am looking at 3000 - but then i figure my D1 would be cheaper by 500 - so i am back down to spending an additional 2500. I am just going to keep calling to see if any quads backout - if so they will let me put the 4th in room 7668.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathy

The room is very nice! It's not far from the elevators and 2 floors down to the promenade and 3 floors up to the pool and wj (incase you don't want to wait for the elevator :rolleyes: ) I do have pictures! I tried to post them on here but they are too big and I don't know how to shrink them! Give me your email and I'll send them to you! We went on Mariner last year and we definitely noticed on this ship the balcony is quite bigger than on the Mariner. Great ship and great room!

Why wouldn't they let you have 4 people in the cabin? We had 4. I am new to cruising, but if we put 4 in there why couldn't you??

The room is very nice! It's not far from the elevators and 2 floors down to the promenade and 3 floors up to the pool and wj (incase you don't want to wait for the elevator :rolleyes: ) I do have pictures! I tried to post them on here but they are too big and I don't know how to shrink them! Give me your email and I'll send them to you! We went on Mariner last year and we definitely noticed on this ship the balcony is quite bigger than on the Mariner. Great ship and great room!

Why wouldn't they let you have 4 people in the cabin? We had 4. I am new to cruising, but if we put 4 in there why couldn't you??

Apparantly, the ship has sold its quota of quads out for this particular sailing. The only way the OP can get 4 in ANY cabin is if RCCL opens up more quads for this particular sailing.

Sending OP luck! ;)

A~

RCI can only let so many rooms hold 4 people - maybe because of lifeboats? Not sure. But I am going to talk to my friend tonight and ask him to speak to the ex and if she says it's okay I am going to call RCI everyday to see if space opens and then add him. I don't want to mention it to the son incase it won't happen. But so many people cancel when final payments are due - so I am not that worried.

I would LOVE to see photos! The location sounds wonderful! My email is

kathyandemma at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Kathy

I'd have a privacy issue with the 14 year old. My sons would have balked at sharing with me at that age. You just never know when you will wake up with the covers thrown off and scar them for life.

Viv

Thanks for my first laugh of the day!!:D :D Too funny!!

If I were you, I'd leave the situation alone for a few days, you might have a change of heart.

We've done a number of cruises with our 2 kids and to be honest with you, there is no way I'd want to book a quad with them ever again. If we can't have 2 cabins, we won't go. The last cruise we took with them, we had a junior suite booked for the 4 of us, thinking it would work out with the extra space. A relative backed out at the last minute and gave their cabin to our kids, what a relief that was!

The privacy issue is a big one, not just for you and the BF, but your daughter and the BF's son. Sharing a cabin, to me, is like staying in a large walk-in closet for the week. As much as I read people here claim you're not in your cabin very much, the time you are in there is crucial.

Archived