Palma de Mallorca Sightseeing - any suggestions?

We arrive in Palma at 7:00 AM :eek: and leave at 1:00 PM on a Wednesday. The ship's excursions do not interest us and we would like to do something on our own. Any suggestions for two 50+ sisters who like art, food and one who likes shopping?

Do the ships dock within walking distance of the city? Is there public transportation from/to the dock area?

Any free wi/fi cafes?

Thanks!

I knew I had read a lot about what to do in Palma in threads in this forum in the past (though not recently), and had contributed to a couple

-> just used the "Search this Forum" tool and it immediately turned up 13 threads with Palma in the title - including ones about DIY, taking the Hop On/Off Bus, recommendations re excursions etc. Obviously, I didn't go back and read them all, but I know last year posters asked for and were given very clear and detailed info about walking into the city centre and touring the Old Town.

I'm sure if you use the "Search this Forum" tool, you'll find all you need to know.

Archived