Quick Question about first night dining

villa10

This is not intended to start yet another whole discussion about what is or is not acceptable dining room apparel--we have all read enough about that-- but just have a quick question about the first night--but if you wore shorts onboard and have still not gotten your luggage when it is time for dinner will they let you in the first night wearing shorts or do you need to do buffet that night? Would rather not have to carry slacks in the carryon although I guess we could do that.

Ooh, we leave the same day as you but on the Rhapsody....I hope you have fun!! We went on the Conquest last year, it is a very nice ship.

Yes, dining is relaxed that first night due to the luggage situation, no worries.

Yep, most people wear what they get on the boat with.......

Thong underneath would be okay........

This is not intended to start yet another whole discussion about what is or is not acceptable dining room apparel--we have all read enough about that-- but just have a quick question about the first night--but if you wore shorts onboard and have still not gotten your luggage when it is time for dinner will they let you in the first night wearing shorts or do you need to do buffet that night? Would rather not have to carry slacks in the carryon although I guess we could do that.

The very first night is the only night where you can get away with Shorts with no problem. We pack a nice set of clothing with our carry-on for this night, just incase we do not get our luggage.

Fred

Yes........

Ooh, we leave the same day as you but on the Rhapsody....I hope you have fun!! We went on the Conquest last year, it is a very nice ship.

Yes, dining is relaxed that first night due to the luggage situation, no worries.

So we will be in port leaving the same day - Cool !

It is close now ! I am so ready to go ...............

I would love to try the Rhapsody since it goes to different ports.

yes, you can wear shorts but be aware, you will still get a few rude glares.

2 years a go on Destiny, I had not gotten my luggage so i wore my shorts in the dining room, it was open seating the first night so we were seated at a huge 12 top, as i walked up, i see this woman glaring at me, just looking me up & down with a dirty look. During the whole dinner we were all chatting but she would not say 1 word to me, just kept making comments about the dining room dress code & them glare at me again.

I always abide by the dress code but could not on the first night.

Thank goodness i never saw her again or I would have had a few choice words to say to here had i caught her alone.

DH wore shorts and I wore Capris to dinner the first night on our last cruise. Lots of people wore what they got on the ship with. I wouldn't worry about it because everyone has not received there luggage yet.

I wear capris to board and a lot of women tend to do the same thing. My DH wears shorts to board, but for so far for our two cruises, we've had our luggage in plenty of time since we've had late seating, which we've always requested. Even on our last cruise (Glory) where my luggage tag had been ripped off of my bag and it wasn't found til about 7:30 pm, we still had plenty of time for me to change. I cross packed for our first cruise and didn't for the second, never again. I learned my lesson after being somewhat frantic that all of my clothes with the exception of my formal dresses were in that bag. Early dining seems to be the more casual on first night since the first seating is so soon after the ship leaves port and by the time you do the lifeboat drill and get back to the cabin, its basically time to leave for dinner. I think some people, even though they have their luggage take advantage of the relaxed rules. At late seating, I never saw any shorts during either cruise.

Glad to see that it is generally ok to wear shorts the first night in the dining room. I do not care to have to go through the hassle of changing so quickly after departure. No problems with changing the other nights!! if Delta can handle my legs maybe Carniaval can too.

One cruise we didn't do the dining room the first night since we had shorts on and hadn't gotten our luggage. Our waiter the next night had asked why we weren't at dinner the first night. We explained to him and he said.... ohhhhhhhhhh you don't do that (with some accent lol) it's ok... we know you don't get luggages (loved the s on the end lol)

Archived