I need advice

indiaksue

I have a problem and don't know what to do. My husbands family, who owns a business, have offered me the job I have been wanting for 11 years. I need to let them know by Monday if I want it. My husband and I have talked about it and we think it is a good time for me to take it.

The problem is my current job is a cashier and clerk in a retail store. Since I started my diet in February, I have stopped sitting down all day and now I move and stand all day. I believe this has helped my middle aged metabolism to work better. This new job will involve mostly desk work, and sitting most of the time. I am worried what this will do to my diet. What can I do to keep my metabolism up? I need the help of those of you with a desk job to give me ideas on burning calories.

Angie

Angie, you can always get up and move around. I have a desk job also and I just get up every so often and move. When the weather is nice, I'll walk on my lunch hour. I also workout for 45 minutes when I get home.

Congratulations on the new job! I'm so happy for you!!!!! :D

I know exactly what you're talking about because all I do all day is sit here and crunch numbers. :rolleyes: The only time I get up and move out of my office is to talk to someone at the front counter (rare) or go to court (unfortunately not so rare). That's it.

If this is a job you've wanted for so long, you should take it. Then treat yourself to a membership at the gym. You can have the best of both worlds.

Beth

I agree with Shelia and Beth. Get up and move around. Some of us who sit at computers all day and have arthritis need to get up and move every 20 minutes or so.

If your new job is not on the ground floor, I would suggest taking the stairs instead of elevator -- unless it's a really long walk up. Also, walking at lunch time will help a lot and then doing some sort of exercise at home or a gym after or before work should help.

Archived