Do you prefer Windsurf or Windspirit?

franosu

We are looking at a cruise to St. Thomas via Windspirit or Barbados via Windsurf. We cruised on Windsurf in Spain and loved it but have never been on the smaller ships. Any suggestions?

It is very difficult to actually decide between the Spirit and the Surf. They each have their own 'uniqueness'. I may always love the Spirit more--but, only because it was my first cruise and my honeymoon. But, we have been on the Surf about 6 times now and the crew is like family. The Spirit is a little more 'passenger mingling' due only to size. But, on the Surf it is easy to make friends--or be alone-- depending on your choice. If I remember, the Spirit does not have an elevator. It was really not a problem since there were not a lot of steps due to limited decks available due to ship size. Cabin sizes were the same.

I would pick the itinerary that you most want. Either ship is a joy!! Have a great cruise!!

As you know the Wind Surf is larger and has about 300 plus passengers compared to about 140 on the Wind Star, Wind Spirit and (the now gone) Wind Song.

One of the main reasons we chose these ships as our preference is the smaller size. A cuise to the Caribean on a 2000 people zoo ship was the turning point.

So, which is best, Wind Surf or Wind Spirit? It already was said that both are great, but in our opinion we still like the smaller ships better. The service is excellent on all, the crew very similar and the passengers are for the most part very congenial and easy to meet and socialize with. We have not had any problems making new friends either way. Yet, the excursions and activities with the smaller ships and smaller groups was more fun.

If I might suggest one trip that we thought was our favorite (other than the one in Tahiti) it is the Istanbul to Athens trip. We have some details on our web site: http://www.*****.com/greekisles.htm

PS. Bear with me about the web site. I am making a few changes, but have a look any way, if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked a Caribbean cruise on the Wind Spirit and was given Cabin 120..Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with this Cabin, in respect to any noise, foot traffic etc.??..Any info will be greatly appreciated..

Archived