Miss Ship

Tell that to Carnival. They did not fly the people to the next port.. They were stuck in Florida. It was a 4 day cruise I believe they saw the ship sail off without them . They missed it be only 10 min I think. If you do a search you will find it has happened more than once. Too many for my taste :)

Yeap missed it by 10 minutes, heres a link to the thread if anyone wants to read it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=511282

I think Carnival did offer to fly them to meet the ship but she turned them down, if i am understanding post #131 on missed the ships thread she writes:

"I was coming from Canada, so yes I did have a passport.

we were going to be flown to Miami and then put on stand-by to Bahamas. so it was not certain. If we did make the plane we would have been there by 4:30pm on Friday and the ship would leave 7:00 Sat. It was only a 3 day trip so we did not think it was worth going to Miami and sleeping on the airport floor in case we got on the flight.

To OP:

If the thought of encountering ANY problems with getting to the ship on time "scares the B-Jesus" out of you by all means try to go down a day early. Personally I have only done this once in over 30 cruises and have never had any problems going down on the day of the cruise. The vast majority of passengers do not encounter problems but if you are the type to really worry that you may be one of the few exceptions it is probably worth the paece of mind to leave early. Whatever you decide have a great cruise.

Archived