Fort Lauderdale Port Question

I am booked for a Cruise next March that comes out of Fort Lauderdale. I am starting to consider hotels for the night before we sail. I have cruised out of Miami before and loved to get a hotel that overlooks the port so that I can see the ships come in that morning. Does anybody have any recomendations for hotels that may look over the port or that overlooks paths that the ships might take while coming into the port???

I would suggest you check out the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale. I haven't stayed there yet but have read very good reviews and booked a room for our pre-cruise next February. Also you might want to try to use the Price line site where you can bid for the room. I booked my $300 room for $100 that way.

I would suggest you check out the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale. I haven't stayed there yet but have read very good reviews and booked a room for our pre-cruise next February. Also you might want to try to use the Price line site where you can bid for the room. I booked my $300 room for $100 that way.

That's where we stayed last December. Expensive, but I was using *points* and didn't feel the "pinch". There was a great view of the port; I can't remember whether we could specifically see our ship or not. (but then I suffer from an acute case of CRS) :)

I could not BELIEVE how close the port is to both the airport and to *everything*.

We stayed at the Renaissance this past April and would recommend it. We could see the ships from the window. You can win this hotel on Priceline for around $100.00 per night. We did. Just bid for a 4 star hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

we had a nice room looking into the port at the Embassy Suites on 17th street this past week...not quite as close as the others mentioned and not even close to all the rooms have this great view, but a very nice and a great deal for $135 with breakfast and free drinks between 5:30 and 7:30 on Fri sat and sun

Thanks everybody for their input. It has helped me out a lot! :) Now does anybody have any suggestions for other hotels that may not overlook the actual port but has a view of the ships on their way into the port?

Thanks everybody for their input. It has helped me out a lot! :) Now does anybody have any suggestions for other hotels that may not overlook the actual port but has a view of the ships on their way into the port?

The Lago Mar is fabulous for this. It's on the beach, has 2 pools and most of the rooms are suites/jr suites. If you walk out to the beach and head south you will be right where the ships leave the canal as hit the ocean. You can see them from the lap pool, but it's really great from the beach area. FYI, this is not a cheap resort and is off by itself, so there aren't any other restaurants/shops within walking distance. That is the down fall, but the resort is fab!

Archived