booking another cruise while on a cruise

wch

I have read some about the advantages of booking cruises while on a cruise. Do they allow you to book with another cruise line owned by same company such as Holland America, Princess, Carnival? And, is the deposit you pay non-refundable after certain amount of time?

You may book a HAL cruise on a HAL cruise. The onboard consultants will not book cabins on other cruise lines.

The $100 deposit thing is good only on HAL. You have 4 years to apply it to a specific booking. Use it or lose it.

You may book a HAL cruise on a HAL cruise. The onboard consultants will not book cabins on other cruise lines.

The $100 deposit thing is good only on HAL. You have 4 years to apply it to a specific booking. Use it or lose it.

Are you sure? That would make HAL the only cruise line that doesn't refund.

Are you sure? That would make HAL the only cruise line that doesn't refund.

This is what the onboard cruise consultant told me, a week ago, today. Given that not all cruise lines allow pax to buy the option of a minimal deposit, I am not sure how anyone can say HAL is the one and only, that does not allow refunds.

Of course we can all cancel a cruise before final payment date and get our money back. In the case of the special onboard deposit option, the $100 would be available to be applied to another cruise within the 4 year period.

This is what the onboard cruise consultant told me, a week ago, today. Given that not all cruise lines allow pax to buy the option of a minimal deposit, I am not sure how anyone can say HAL is the one and only, that does not allow refunds.

Of course we can all cancel a cruise before final payment date and get our money back. In the case of the special onboard deposit option, the $100 would be available to be applied to another cruise within the 4 year period.

I didn't say all cruise lines offer the program. I intended that my "no refund by HAL" comment be taken in the context of the conversation.

Thanks for the confirmation. Did the on board consultant provide a confirmation letter for future cruise deposits?

Archived