What to do in Tampa all day (have late flight)?

hart0926

:confused: I have a group of 14 moms & daughters arriving from a cruise and we all have late departures (5:30 pm or 8:45 pm) from the airport. What is there to do all day in Tampa, and how easy is it to get around with bags? We've heard about the aquarium, but since we have an awesome one here at home, that may not appeal to the teenagers. What else would you suggest? :confused:

Store your bags in the terminal, and take the trolley to Ybor City. Then have lunch at the Columbia Restaurant.

http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/

Then come back to the terminal and stroll around Channelside, until ready to go to the airport.

http://www.channelsidetampa.com/

Trolley maps:

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/about/maps/index.htm

The previous poster had some great suggestions. I just think there might not be enough for the girls and moms to do at Ybor or Channelside for that length of time.

Some suggestions are Adventure Island (local water park), the beach, go to the mall (2 near the airport), etc. Why not check out the Tampa Visitors website? It has some great ideas of things to do. If your girls like animals and theme park rides there is Busch Gardens. We also have a great zoo, Lowery Park. It is considered one of the tops zoos in the country according to a recent survey. Let me know if you need more help or want anything for the girls from our Girl Scout store such as a council patch. Email me at smcneilatgsofscdotorg. Can't write the whole thing out the proper way as it is against board rules.

Not a lot to do in Tampa if you're not interested in the aquarium or IMAX. Beaches are a 30-40 minute drive. There are several malls nearby but it would be difficult to kill an entire day unless you caught a movie. There's Busch Gardens and Lowry Park Zoo.

If you do Busch Gardens, bring an extra pair of clothes! You'll get hot, sweaty, and wet !:D

Never mind...just found a link for the Tampa Port Authority and got this info:

"Inside the front entrance to Terminal 2, Destination Tampa Bay will store your luggage for a nominal fee. The Florida Aquarium will also store your luggage if you choose to visit their facility."

I'm glad I found this thread. Mom, Grandma, Mom's Brother and myself are going to be cruising out of Tampa in October. Mom, Grandma and I have cruised out of Tampa before so we've already been to the aquarium. We're sure we can find something to do but the problem is our luggage so I'm glad that there is somewhere we can store it since our flight isn't until 5:30. Our flight was at 2 p.m. last time so we just went straight to the airport and didn't notice the Destination Tampa Bay at the terminal.

Archived