The wildlife we saw on the Drive from Skagway

usnavywife

squirrel2.jpg

one more that I think is the same thing.

Squirrels don't look like this back home nor down here lol

squirrelcopy.jpg

Murray this is the same thing as that ground squirrel you posted right?

I have many more of each but I won't bore ya :P

Thanks

I shoot with a Minolta 7D and flopped back and forth between a 28-200mm and 70-300. I don't like the 300 cause it is so heavy on such a heavy camera. So I only used it when I absolutely had to :D

I did use the 50mm onboard the ship but I didn't need it any where else so it was kind of a waste but I took it along cause it is my favorite :D

HTHs

very nice photos, again! Thank you.

I shoot with a Minolta 7D and flopped back and forth between a 28-200mm and 70-300.

exactly the reason I took two dSLR with me last time to avoid exchanging lens in the mid (don't want dust get into the ccd sensor while out in the field)

Nice pics of the critters. You people are killing me with all this natural beauty and here I am stuck in Houston. About the only wildlife I have seen lately is on the news or most wanted posters. I could sure use a look at a bear, eagle, caribou or even the ground squirrel would be nice about right now. Thanks for posting the photos, earl.

Yeah you should be ok with those lenses.

As for 2 DSLRs can't swing that right now lol but once that new Sony comes out I will have to sweet talk dh lol.

Glad you all liked the shots. I just wish my whale shots had been nicer :( thats what I get for not checking my IS, which I NEVER turn off btw lol.) Oh well such is life and like I told dh that just gives me another reason to go back:D

earl there ain't nothing here to look at critter wise here either lol. That is one thing I miss about home.

Archived