6/4 princess balconies overbooked

AK Newbie

Got a call from my TA today saying Princess Island had overbooked their balcony rooms (we have one reserved) and were offering a last minute deal of an oceanview room with a $1400 shipboard credit and was I interested in changing? (shipboard credits could be used towards our shore excursions and tips with any amount not used being refunded to us in cash?!)

I didn't want to give up the balcony and said no. After talking to my DH he said "are you nuts?". Called my TA back to see which oceanview rooms might be available and was told that the offer was already taken by other cruisers. I'm glad it was already gone, cause I do want that balcony-what does anyone else think? (these calls all happened within 20 minutes and my TA said that Princess had just called her 20 minutes before she left me the message>

sailing June 4 SB Alaska cruise on Island Princess.........YIPPEEEE:D

thanks for all the help and suggestions, especially from the Alaska Board

(ps also posted this on Princess board)

We had a balcony on only one of our cruises. I loved having it, but honestly I probably spent less than 4 hours total on the balcony during a one-week cruise. I like to spend my time exploring the ship, participating in the games, walking the promenade deck, and sitting in the Crow’s Nest. I’d love to have a balcony again sometime, BUT $1,400 :eek: is a lot of money. It would go a long way towards excursions and shipboard expenses. I probably would have taken the money.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the balcony. You haven't lost anything, you had already planned on spending the $1,400, so your budget is the same.

My DH would have had the same reaction as yours. He hardly ever used the balcony when we had it. If I had my heart set on the balcony, I might not have even told him of the offer!

We'll be up there in July! 6 weeks to wait!

well, sometimes, the urge for a splurge cannot be measured by dollars. As long as you are happy, that's the most important thing! But I am wondering how they can overbook? I thought with their computerized system, they can track everything down very easily...:confused:

thanks for all the kind words, we were sorely tempted (mostly DH) but glad the deal was gone by the time we tried to call back

we're doing Komen Walk for the Cure today here in Madison......a celebration since I'm a one year survivor........this cruise will be a celebration too of a loonnngg 2006

happy sailings to all!:)

Archived