Are there still formal nights?

LibLively

It seems to me I read a while back that SilverSea was thinking about doing away with formal nights. I thought they were doing some cruises with no formal nights on a trial basis earlier this year. What has happened with this? Was just wondering if our B2B cruises this summer would require formal attire. Anyone know?

Thanks Debbie. I never realized I could do that. Guess SS backed off from their experiment with the "no more formal nights" as our 3 B2Bs have 2 each. Sure would like not to have to pack those dressy clothes!!!!

I did an earlier post about cruise #4721 that has totally eliminated not only formal dress, but coat and tie as well. This is the America's Cup trip that is basically in Valencia the entire journey, save a side trip to Algeria. They did this because the "sailboat racing" crowd is quite casual. All the best.

Saw your post and was hoping we might have a chance of having no formal nights, but alas, we will not be so lucky!!! I don't mind wearing "country club casual", but I'm over the formal nights!!! When everyone cruised with trunks and servants on "grand liners", that's one thing, but nowadays with all the restrictions because of security concerns, I'm for packing as little as possible!!! Know people fear things will degenerate to the "jeans and t-shirt" look, but I would love it if there were only casual (let's keep the collared shirt for that one) and informal nights. Informal used to mean jackets and ties for men on cruise ships, but now, it's just jackets, which is fine with me BUT let's give the ladies a break too!!! Guess I'll go back to black silk slacks and tons of tops!!!

Archived