Does anyone have pics of Bamboo Beach Club

kimmysmom

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them if I can. I have some pictures it may not be what you are looking for. You can also see the ship from Bamboo and there is only one shop. The host advised me not to go outside of the fench to shop.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them if I can. I have some pictures it may not be what you are looking for. You can also see the ship from Bamboo and there is only one shop. The host advised me not to go outside of the fench to shop.

Where are your pics plz?

• 2 weeks later...

Those photos were posted for me on the Princess board by Cruise Diva. She was at the Bamboo Beach Club and gave it an excellent review. Said the food and drinks were great, and non stop. I dont remember that she said anything about the water itself.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks a bunch. We cannot wait & the pics look great!!!!!:)

I must say I am sorry to tell you that the photos of Bamboo Beach club that I posted are VERY DECEIVING. This tour, sponsored by Princess, is TERRIBLE. We returned from a wonderful cruise on the Caribbean Princess yesterday, and the only down spot on the whole cruise was this tour in Ocho Rios. The beach is actually very small, the food was just OK, but nothing like we were led to believe. The area is surrounded by fence topped with barbed wire. Most of the chairs are under a white plastic awning (that part was good, shielding us from the hot sun) The water on this section of beach was murky, muddy, and just plain DIRTY. It really was disgusting. The bottom was covered with plantlife, not really seaweed. This stuff was not washed up, it was rooted and growing. It was most unpleasant to swim here. A small amount of goods were offered for sale, T shirts and sarongs, rum cakes, and the like. Very interesting to note that no matter what bill amount you paid with, no change was available. BALONEY!! This story was offered to several paying customers.

There were a few vendors on the way out, trying to sell necklaces, and conch shells. Not too pushy, but I could not wait to get back on the bus to the ship. This tour may have started out as a nice alternative when Princess first offered it, but if so, it has certainly gone downhill fast. The entertainment was the saving grace, live music, and some dancing. Nothing else about this Beach Club (this name is wishful thinking) would make me go back. I am surprised that Princess is still offering this one. If its not too late, and your cruise is pending, you would do yourself a favor to cancel this tour if you have reserved it. Karen

Archived