Price drop-mariner of the Seas-8-12-07

• 2 weeks later...

According to my fare tracking for the 8/12/07 Mariner, the following reductions occurred:

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the D1 dropped from $1619 to $1519

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the D2 dropped from $1439 to $1339

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the PR dropped from $1179 to $1079

Between 6/3 and 6/1 the PR dropped again from $1079 to $979

There have also been 2 separate drops since mid-May in the L, M and N inside cabins. There might have been other drops, but these are all that I have tracked and recorded. :)

According to my fare tracking for the 8/12/07 Mariner, the following reductions occurred:

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the D1 dropped from $1619 to $1519

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the D2 dropped from $1439 to $1339

Between 5/18 and 5/26 the PR dropped from $1179 to $1079

Between 6/3 and 6/1 the PR dropped again from $1079 to $979

There have also been 2 separate drops since mid-May in the L, M and N inside cabins. There might have been other drops, but these are all that I have tracked and recorded. :)

We are traveling on the Mariner the week after you. The price we paid for the cruise is less than what it is currently listed as, but still I have been watching for price drops and haven't come across one yet. We are in a promenade cabin, by the way. I check the Tuesday sale each week, and periodically check onto RCI's website to check. What am I missing?

We are traveling on the Mariner the week after you. The price we paid for the cruise is less than what it is currently listed as, but still I have been watching for price drops and haven't come across one yet. We are in a promenade cabin, by the way. I check the Tuesday sale each week, and periodically check onto RCI's website to check. What am I missing?

You might not be missing anything. Each week is different. As you book closer to September 1st and the end of the summer school vacation season, the fares get softer due to supply and demand. Because your fares are less, it indicates that you probably booked early and got the lower fares that were initially offered for yur week. If there is a reduction for your week, it will generally be in the 4 to 8 weeks to go window which is starting right about now.

I only began tracking fares in early May as I am watching for a last minute deal in mid to late August. So far, the Mariner has shown the most reductions. Many other ships are still showing weekly increases of $50 to $100 per cabin type.

One thing to watch for are the residency specials that RCL offers from time to time and often only for a few days at a time. You need to check their web site on a near daily basis. Good Luck! :)

Have you checked out our roll call thread yet? :)

Have you checked out our roll call thread yet? :)

I did check out the roll call, but didn't sign up for it because my husband isn't much of a "joiner". I know he'd prefer to meet people as we go along on our cruise, but not be part of a group. I haven't checked the thread recently.

You might not be missing anything. ... One thing to watch for are the residency specials that RCL offers from time to time and often only for a few days at a time. You need to check their web site on a near daily basis. Good Luck! :)

Thanks for the tip, and for the reassurance that I'm not missing out on some money left in my pocket.

Archived