How far from HNL airport to ship port?

cruisewithus

It is my understanding that the port isn't very far but that taxis range from $15 - $30 to get to Wakiki depending on the number of people who are traveling. We actually decided to rent a car for about $33 from National at the airport. We can return the car near where the ship leaves and they will take us to the dock. This is a good idea if you have some extra time and can do some sightseeing. Hope this helps.

How do most people handle transfer from the airport to the ships port? How far away is it? I read that the buses do not allow you to have luggage so obviously that won't work. Is taking a taxi the only way?

I used NCL's airport transfer. They met us at baggage claim, put us on a nice air conditioned bus (With a comedian for a dirver. Are ALL bus drivers in Honolulu such fun? It sure seems like it from the ones I've encountered!) They loaded our baggage on the bus and handled all the security measures of checking in our bags at the port very efficiently. I can recommend it highly.

Do you know if they offer transfers to return to the airport after your trip? We've got an 11:30 AM return flight. Also, do you know the cost? A cab for $18 isn't bad for two and I guess we'll be able to leave quicker.

Valerie

Do you know if they offer transfers to return to the airport after your trip? We've got an 11:30 AM return flight. Also, do you know the cost? A cab for $18 isn't bad for two and I guess we'll be able to leave quicker.

Valerie

Go to this page on the NCL site for information on transfers. http://www.ncl.com/more/bus_transfers.htm I don't know what it costs, we had booked air with NCL so the transfer was included. But they do offer it to passengers who book their own air as well, you just need to make reservations.

We had the same question about our arrival in Oct for the Wind. I went to the web site for Aloha Hawaii Trans and they were very accomodating. They will meet us at the baggage claim after confirming our flight touch down time with the Airport. They were very pleasant to deal with. They have replied our service is a "shared van" and the cost will be $22.50. Hope this helps. Aloha, Colette

The port isn't in Waikiki, it is a little closer to the airport. Traffic can be really bad and a tax can run you about $30 w/tip. We liked the convenience of a taxi. There will be tons of taxi's when you get off the boat.

Which car rental are you using? I'm wanting to rent the car at HNL airport and return it near the port. Do you know which car rental places have drop off's near the port? Or do you know the address of the port? Thanks.

Aloha Hawaii Trans

http://www.alohahawaiitrans.com/

1956 Ala Moana Blvd.

Honolulu, HI. 96815

Phone: (808) 949-3033

Fax: (808) 955-1157

Credit Cards: AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Airport or Waikiki Hotels / Cruise Ship Transfer

$ 10.00 / one way / per person

include:

One-Way transfer between Airport or Waikiki Hotels and cruise terminal

One-Way luggage transfer