Changing Tourist Attractions in downtown Anchorage

Chenega

Although listed in the Anchorage Visitor's guide, the Alaska Experience Theater has closed. The building has been leveled and the space is currently being used as a parking lot.

However, today's Anchorage Daily News contains a story on the new dogsled attraction in downtown near the train depot. Go to the 6/2 edition of the Anchorage Daily News at http://www.adn.com

Lots to do in the downtown area besides shopping for souvenirs. The Alaska Public Lands Information Office is a must-see on 4th avenue. Lots of great exhibits, talks, and information on state and national parks. There are also free music concerts in the park on 4th avenue next to the visitor center log cabin.

Best of all, the popular Saturday market is open on Sundays, making it the weekend market. It's on 3rd avenue across from the Hilton hotel.

Visitors will notice lots of construction downtown. We're getting a new convention center so things are rather torn up. Don't let that spoil your visit.

Although listed in the Anchorage Visitor's guide, the Alaska Experience Theater has closed. The building has been leveled and the space is currently being used as a parking lot.

However, today's Anchorage Daily News contains a story on the new dogsled attraction in downtown near the train depot. Go to the 6/2 edition of the Anchorage Daily News at www.adn.com

Lots to do in the downtown area besides shopping for souvenirs. The Alaska Public Lands Information Office is a must-see on 4th avenue. Lots of great exhibits, talks, and information on state and national parks. There are also free music concerts in the park on 4th avenue next to the visitor center log cabin.

Best of all, the popular Saturday market is open on Sundays, making it the weekend market. It's on 3rd avenue across from the Hilton hotel.

Visitors will notice lots of construction downtown. We're getting a new convention center so things are rather torn up. Don't let that spoil your visit.

Thanks for the info Chenega. We will definitely check out the market tomorrow afternoon. :)

Chenga, how can I get the June 2nd ADN to show? Sorry for such a silly question but I just can't figure it!

Thanks for posting this information, I'm very interested to see what the dogsled exhibit is!

Thank you!

Chenga, how can I get the June 2nd ADN to show? Sorry for such a silly question but I just can't figure it!

Thanks for posting this information, I'm very interested to see what the dogsled exhibit is!

Thank you!

Even better - I found the actual website. Go to http://www.ididaride.com/ for information on Seavey's show in downtown Anchorage. The Anchorage Daily News is a http://www.adn.com The show is called the Wildride Sled Dog Show and it is close to the Alaska Railroad Depot north of the downtown area near Ship Creek.

Archived