Hawaii to Vancouver Sea Days -- Spirit

bajkej

We are cruising the 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver cruise in May 2008. I have read the ship appears to shut down after 8 PM on the sea days.

Anyone that has enjoyed this cruise, can you share your evening experience?

I read somewhere the ships average age (for this cruise) is 50's and older and perhaps there has not been much demand for evening activities, but any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

We did this cruise three years ago. Hawaii was awesome and we loved the Spirit. But we're in our 50s and we were thrilled that so many of the guests were our age or older. We rarely see 10pm these days and never midnight, so if there was no nightlife, we were happily oblivious to that fact. It is not my wish to add to your concern, but only to confirm that our experience was an older demographic on that cruise. We'd absolutely love to do it again.

We are doing the reverse on the 19th 0f Sept.of this year. I plan on being up, I'll let you know if we're alone. :D:D:D

My Wife and I will be on that same cruise hope to meet you there,:D

We did the Ensenada to Hawaii route with 5 days at the beginning.

There was lots of dancing in the evenings. At least 3 different venues I can remember. They also did a dance class every morning.

Swing, cha cha. Hubby and I ballroom dance so there was always something to do.

Lots of shows I seem to remember. We thought we would be bored stiff oin the sea days. Infact we brought hubby's laptop and dvd movies to watch and I think we only watched one.

This was one of the best cruises we'd been on. You'll love it.

Considering the cruise is a relocation cruise which is much longer than a normal 4,5, or 7 day cruise, the only folks who can afford to pay for and take a 12 day cruise are most likely over 50. I sure wish I could afford to be on that cruise with you!

There was lots of dancing in the evenings. At least 3 different venues I can remember. They also did a dance class every morning.

Swing, cha cha. Hubby and I ballroom dance so there was always something to do.

Lots of shows I seem to remember. We thought we would be bored stiff oin the sea days. Infact we brought hubby's laptop and dvd movies to watch and I think we only watched one.

This was one of the best cruises we'd been on. You'll love it.

Winewanderer, sounds like a lot of fun. My wife and I are late 30's/early 40's and we are wondering what the average age of cruisers are on this itinerary?

Keith

Considering the cruise is a relocation cruise which is much longer than a normal 4,5, or 7 day cruise, the only folks who can afford to pay for and take a 12 day cruise are most likely over 50. I sure wish I could afford to be on that cruise with you!

Hi PlanoDebbie, it really wasn't that expensive (on a per day basis). It is usually the time off from work or time away from the kid's that seem to affect most. But come join us! It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Keith

We are cruising the 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver cruise in May 2008. I have read the ship appears to shut down after 8 PM on the sea days.

Anyone that has enjoyed this cruise, can you share your evening experience?

I read somewhere the ships average age (for this cruise) is 50's and older and perhaps there has not been much demand for evening activities, but any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

I did the Hawaii-Vancouver cruises twice (Dawn Princess in 2003 and Carnival Spirit in 2005). Since families with their children do not go on those cruises at that time of school year, the average age indeed would be 50s and older. Nevetheless, Carnival persisted with their tradition of "Fun Ships" with dining room entertainment (bunny-hop dancing and macarena lines). These would appeal to the younger crowd, but not me, who is much more interested in fine dining experience away from home (hello, Celebrity!).

I didn't pay attention to evening activities on the daily programmes, but I assure you that these ships did not shut down in the evening. There was plenty of stuff for fun-goers to do.

On the Carnival Spirit, the bar at the bottom of the 9-deck atrium remains my #1 favourite spot for my pre-dinner martinis. There were plenty of interesting activity for me to observe from my bar stool, and the server remembered my martini preferences after the first couple of nights. I wish that the Martini Bar on Celebrity's Mercury (my home away from home) was similar to that (in being an interesting shipboard location).

Carnival is excellent for people who want a fun cruise and enjoys entertainment in the dining room.

Regards,

Donald.

We did this same one 9 years ago on the Jubilee.

It's not that the ship shuts down; it was just that the pax, whose ages had to be in the 70's, 80's and 90's, retired so early, they were sleeping during the evening shows. And we were at the early ones!

But we loved it. We had more of the ship to ourselves, and there were pockets of all the other ages on board (and sizes). :eek:

Still, I'd love to do this again in years to come.

Archived