Any helpful hints from my Princess family? re: Celebrity

We are just considering our 1st Princess cruise (Emerald-S.Carib), but we sailed on "X" Constellation Nov/05. Agree with most of what has already been said about Celebrity. Great food, smiling helpful staff, some nice little "extra" touches that Celebrity just does for all their guests. BUT nobody has mentioned the Martini Lounge!! By far our favourite lounge on the whole ship! Up until our cruise I had never even tried a martini --- noow -- I'm sold!! Make sure you catch their happy hour special -- 6 martini for $10!! Show? what show?

If you enjoy sitting by the pool but want some peace and quiet, the pool inside the Aquaspa area is wonderful. Quiet and serene and very relaxing. I spent a great deal of time there on Millenium which I believe has the same deck layout as Summit.

I've been on only one Princess cruise but 3 Celebrity and my feeling is that the two are very similiar. Booking my next Princess on Golden tomorrow :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy the ship. Have fun! And...it's okay to compare.

If you enjoy sitting by the pool but want some peace and quiet, the pool inside the Aquaspa area is wonderful. Quiet and serene and very relaxing. I spent a great deal of time there on Millenium which I believe has the same deck layout as Summit.

I've been on only one Princess cruise but 3 Celebrity and my feeling is that the two are very similiar. Booking my next Princess on Golden tomorrow :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy the ship. Have fun! And...it's okay to compare.

Thanks Pokemomma and BoomerSexyK. I will try both of your suggestions. Do you happen to know if once boarding we can go back into town? We board in Seward but do not leave till 9pm. I had hoped to board and settle in then go back out. Is this feasible? NO ONE on Celebrity board answered out of over 150 who looked at the post.

Thanks!

Hello. I am an avid cruiser and Celebrity & Princess are my 2 favorite lines. While I have not sailed on the Summit - I have been on Zenith, Century and Connie. Connie by far my fave. I've sailed the GOlden 2x and the Grand.

We love both lines. The T pool is excellent and the spa on Celebrity (newer ships) is fantastic! Best massage I ever had (and I've had many) was given by Robert on the Connie. LOVE their spas. The service on Celeb is a bit more "upscale" than Princess.

However, we love personal choice dining and the pools onboard Princess ships.

Enjoy - you'll love it!

We have been on Infinity and loved it. I believe it is the prettiest ship we have cruised on. IMO, the food was better on Princess and the shows were better on Celebrity. All in all - great time on both. You will love it.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just don't expect as much from the CD and his/her staff and you should be fine. Celebrity's approach is a little more aloof. A lot of people prefer that, and it is the one major difference I have found.

We have been on Infinity and loved it. I believe it is the prettiest ship we have cruised on. IMO, the food was better on Princess and the shows were better on Celebrity. All in all - great time on both. You will love it.

I feel sure I really will miss the anytime dining option. I love not being tied down to a certain time and still having a nice formal dinner.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just don't expect as much from the CD and his/her staff and you should be fine. Celebrity's approach is a little more aloof. A lot of people prefer that, and it is the one major difference I have found.

I love how Princess staff interacts and does so much with the guests. I am sure that Celebrity will have some things I love as well. I just need to seek them out.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Archived