Where to park in Galveston?

Foozer

The hotel we are staying at in Galveston doesn't offer a shuttle to the ship, but they will let us park there. Is it easiest to just park at the terminal & pay the 50.00 dollars ?

I can't remember the exact name, but we parked at what I think was called the EZ-parking terminal (it's across the street from the port)... it was $25 for us to park there (you can pay online or call in), and they shuttle you to the port, and then pick you up when you return. The area is fenced off with a security guard, so it's a secure place to park. I think if you go on the Galveston chamber of commerce website, there should be a link there for the place. Either there or the Galveston port website. It's alot cheaper than parking in the actual terminal and paying $50!

I can't believe they would let you park there and not offer a shuttle to the port. So many in Galveston do!

It all depends on how much a taxi is going to cost you to get from the hotel to the port. Ask the hotel what the fare is. The least they can do is get you this info.

The one good thing about parking at the terminal is that you don't have to wait on a shuttle to come and pick you up and take you back to the hotel. When you disembark you can go straight to your vehicle and be on your way.

If they let you park for free, just take a cab to port and get a cab back to your car. If you park in the cruise parking at the port they will make you drop off the other passengers and your luggage and then the you go to the lot and park the vehicle and take a bus back to the terminal. You'll have to do the same thing when leaving. (I would prefer not to do that.)

If you want to park, we parked at www.ezcruiseparking.com.

They are cheaper and you park and they take you to the terminal in a shuttle. At the end of the cruise they pick you and your luggage up, bring you back to your car and off you go. No getting stuck in all that traffic.

Have a great cruise!!

Kathy

Archived