Where shall I book my next cruise?

lottie7

We have recently come back from a Mediterranean cruise on the QM2. We had such a wonderful time we would like to book another cruise to look forward to. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where is the best place/website to book through? We are from the UK so not sure if that makes a difference in who we can book with. Can we use American travel agents?

Hope someone has a few suggestions.

Thanks

Charlotte

Don't know how the board rules tally with this (no advertising of travel agents allowed) so your post will get pulled.

I book most cruises through American agents without experiencing any problems (if doing a crossing you will need to use a UK agent to get your return air). Cunard does not like this of course and you will end up with a second world club number but you get the option of the deals from both sides of the pond. Check that the agent assures you there are no problems with doing this.

My review on my last QE2 crossing includes information about bookings at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pic77/qe2_jan07/index.htm.

The UK papers often have adverts for offers on many cruises. There are agents on line like ......... Cruise Club, where ......... could be a UK port. Etc etc.

Most of us have no difficulty finding cruises, it's the cash that's the problem.

David.

Most of us have no difficulty finding cruises, it's the cash that's the problem.

David.

Indeed!

If you are looking for a destination, Norway is wonderful.

There is always a crossing - which is a really wonderful way of doing things.

It depends to an extent on how cash/time rich you are. If the answer is "sufficiently" I'd recommend the QE2 Autumn Colours cruise - it's a cracker.

Matthew

I have just booked the BTB Cunard QM2 from an offer I saw on our teletext last weekend. Needed a single supplement which means paying double or at best 80%.

I always normally booked with a specific TA here in the UK but this was a new one for me.

All booked invoices received as early as Wed last and another 2 invoices this weekend.

On the Cunard site and all checked in and I can't believe the price I found this cruise for.

Dates 12-24th July yes this July and it is a T/A. Did a T/A on Millennium X in March this year and I have a Med cruise I booked whilst on M for this October on century.

Never brave enough to book with a US TA but find if I shop around I can get as good a price as any.

Sue

Westbound transatlantics are the best, can't beat the 25-hour days! Then either hold your nose and fly back, or take the ship back and suffer (?) those 23-hour eastbound days.

I will have the luxury of the westbound 25 hour days and will be prepared to SUFFER those 23 hour days on the return.

To date I have only with the exception of once always suffered! the 23 hour days and I have lived to tell the tale.

Sue

Archived