QE2 - lunch on embarkation?

Morgans

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is lunch available after embarkation at Southampton or will we need to stop on the way down for a bite to eat. It can vary from cruise line to cruise line but what about Cunard? Many thanks.

The Lido was open after boarding when I was last on the QE2 - and serving reasonably substantial fare. But as the Queen's Room is open for tea from (I think) 2 pm on embarkation day - and in Southampton you'd be lucky to get on much earlier than that - that's where we headed.

John

Oh! You mean the Roadchef at the back.

You do a great disservice to Roadchef and motorway service stations in general:( It's never been open when we've boarded - you just have top make do with afternoon tea - it's an afternoon tea you can enjoy because you're not already stuffed form all your other meals:) (And a perk of the Platinum priority boarding is that there's normally plenty of free tables in the Queens Room without the need to be there several hours early to guarantee a place!)

The Lido was open after boarding when I was last on the QE2 - and serving reasonably substantial fare. But as the Queen's Room is open for tea from (I think) 2 pm on embarkation day - and in Southampton you'd be lucky to get on much earlier than that - that's where we headed.

John

Yes, that has been my experience in recent times, the lido also opened around 2.30pm for "light lunch".

John

Archived