Royal Clipper questions

CruiseMark

Hi,

I'm considering the fall transatlantic voyage on the Royal Clipper and had a few questions:

1. I'm a "meat and potatos" guy. Is the dining room food for dinner too..."frou frou" or will I always be able to find a steak?

2. I'm primarly doing this to just relax for a couple weeks and not do much in the way of activities. The ocean is the main attraction for this cruise. But as far as things to do on the ship...what exactly do they offer when at sea for two weeks with no port stops?

3. Okay, the big question...is Star Clippers a Pepsi or Coke line? :)

4. What's the weather like on the fall crossing? (temp-wise)

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, I did the Transatlantic on the Royal Clipper fall 05 and can answer a couple of your questions:

1) you can always order steak and potatoes at dinner, no matter what else is on the menu that night, food was fine though, and I never ordered the steak.

2) Activity wise, on our sail there were water aerobics, walk a mile in the AM, climb mast, yoga, knot tying sessions, a few movies, odd things like napkin folding and fruit/vegetable animal making,,,, and perhaps some historical/nautical story telling (I did the yoga a time or two, otherwise spent my time lying on the widows' net, doing watercolors <there were a few of us painting on board>, getting massages <full spa with 3 massage therapists on board> and in general looking at the sea). I finished one book so reading was not my emphasis, but they do have some books and also movies I think you can take to your cabin (cabin has DVD/CD player, tv). Lots of interesting folks to talk to also. And you are only at sea 10 days with no stops,, after you leave the Canaries,, but time did not lag,,, it was great. There was also a bridge group that played regularly, music for dancing in the evenings or some little activity in the bar, crew talent night (not to be missed), crab racing and a costume party.

3) Don't remember, but think coke,,,,

I am sure you can be much busier on the ship than I was, but I did exactly what I went for,, doing nothing and lookin at the sea! I am doing the Athens - Phuket 37 dayer this fall on Star Clipper,, so am looking forward to more days with absolutely nothing I have to do!! Enjoy your sail, I am sure you will.

Archived