Holiday Inn on Royal St. New Orleans

Reviews are mixed on this hotel, but I got it through a hotel site for $49 so I thought it was worth a shot. They had the Crown Plaza Astor listed for $66 as a 4 star. I purchased that, but complained cuz it is only a 3 star and they gave me a refund. So has anyone stayed here. We just wanted to be in the french quarter. All I care is that it is clean and the beds are not like rocks. We do plan on staying the day after our cruise, so I am looking for a nicer hotel for that.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal St. three times. It is a typical Holiday Inn. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The location is great! The price you have is very, very good.

Thanks for your replies! The last holiday inn we stayed in was bad. Coffee cups had been used, water was cloudy (maintenace guy said they "told" him it was safe to drink but he wouldn't if he was us), and the room was not very clean. Your replies make me feel much better. As long as it is clean and the beds are nice, I don't care about anything else. We are so exicted about our trip. We have never been to New Orleans before and we are looking forward to it.

You didn't say if you were flying or driving to New Orleans. If you are driving and parking the parking is at the back of the hotel. Also, if you need to pick up anything you may have forgotten for your cruise, there is a Walgreens on Royal St. just a couple of blocks down from the hotel.

but I got it through a hotel site for $49 so I thought it was worth a shot.

$49 is a great price; one block off of Bourbon St. Also across Canal Street you have the Holiday Inn Express (free contiental breakfast) , Royal St. Charles And the Hampton Inn. I have stayed at all of these hotels for under $100 dollars. I think HIE parking was around $17 a night.

We are driving. I almost gasped when I called and they told me how much it cost to park:eek: I am sure we will forget something, we always do. It will be very handy to have a Walgreens so close. Thanks.

Parking at New Orleans hotels is ussually at least $20 per day. What hotel site did you use to get this price. We are going back in July and the best I could find for this hotel was with Travelocity at $80 with free parking.

Archived