Noordam SC aft suites?

TedC

We were on the Westerdam in 5187 and then were invited to have dinner on the Noordam. Our room steward from the Westerdam was transferred to the Noordam. The biggest SC rooms are 5190 and 5191. They are two feet deeper than the other SC rooms. They might also have the largest verandah.

Since the refit, I think the same rooms are now 5190 and 5191 on the Westerdam, also.

When we were on the Westerdam, a CC member asked to see our "legendary" room. It really was wonderful.

I think that 5190 and 5191 on the Noordam are wonderful, too.

Roberta

Thanks Roberta,

That's what it looked like on deck plan but I'm glad to get confirmation - but let's keep it quiet so no one else will know!

Thanks Roberta,

That's what it looked like on deck plan but I'm glad to get confirmation - but let's keep it quiet so no one else will know!

Sorry...word is already out! We have 5191 booked for 12/1! :D

- Steve

largest aft suite veranda on Noordam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in an SC suite on the Noordam in Nov. of 06 - room 5191. This is the same room that was 5187 before the refit. Yes, the veranda is somewhat smaller, (because they added a room on each side) but not as much as you would think. It has a table high enough to for dining, 4 side chairs, 2 casual chairs with padding and 2 lounge chairs with padding. Have included 3 pictures for you (if I can do this - it's my first time replying). Also, we had late disembarkation and took the time to check the same aft veranda on the 2 floors above us. It seems that the veranda decreases in depth by about 5 or 6 inches on each floor as you go up (we paced it off). So, apparently deck 5 is the largest. It is a wonderful veranda - the absolute best - and we have booked the very same room on the Westerdam in Oct., 2008 on the transcanal cruise from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

Attached Thumbnails

I have several pictures of SC 5191 on my website at including pics of the wake and what you see above and below your verandah....oh, and the bathroom as well. All the pictures on page 13 of my gallery are 5191 on the Noordam. Hope they help you.

We like the SB corner afts on Deck 8 and have had them 3 times, with another booked next year. The balcony is private and the rooms are wonderful. On the Noordam, the inside space was larger than on the other Vistas pre aft lift.

Cabins 4180 and 4185 are the same size as those on deck 5. The difference is that their counterparts on deck 5 have a wee bit more cabin space, while those on deck 4 have slightly deeper verandas. If I had the choice between the two decks, I would favor deck 5.

Thanks to everyone for all the useful input - and the pictures. We've booked 5191 for NYC to Rome next April.

I know aft S suites generally are smaller than regular S suites on Vistas and even smaller yet than S suites on R and S class ships, but decided to give it a try. I like the idea of a larger verandah and chance to see in more directions.

From the pictures it appears the twin sinks are closer together than on regular S suites - but that's no big deal. Do they have the separate shower stall and the dressing area?

If the crossing is rough, it could turn out to be a bad choice because we won't be amidships as we usually are - but we will be lower. We've done several crossings and have been lucky with the weather - at least up to now.

TedC

Poster my answer before, but pics weren't with it, so I'm trying again in case you want to suffer through a couple more shots. These are from the Noordam, 5191. Your transatlantic to Rome in April sounds wonderful. We've not ever tried the crossing thing. Still trying to work up our nerve. Let us know how you make out.

5191-wraparound-side-deck.jpg.ba00258f38d746d6f88e088a5ae88b7f.jpg

aft-veranda-5191.jpg.35b0c116c33e02687dc68f3671a0cab6.jpg

Noordam-5191.jpg.10e33e9f0817328c1c83c24ecdfcb028.jpg

Thank you lobstertail,

Somehow I was able to see those pictures in your earlier post but when I went back to look again I was unable to see them, so thanks for posting them again. I'm sure others will be interested also.

We've been on several crossings, mostly Atlantic, and one Pacific, wth another Pacific coming up in December. The sea days are glorious for reading, relaxing or just enjoying the sea - and the ports are a bonus. Another bonus is that crossings and other repositioning cruises are usually a good value

Try it, you'll like it!

TedC

A question about your transatlantic crossings. Is the weather better in the Spring (from New York to Europe) or the opposite in the Fall. Not concerned about the rough seas, but is it possible on those crossings to be out on your veranda at all. We like warm weather - which is one of the reasons we have been avoiding the Europe thing. Plus, it seemed better to fly over and then cruise leisurely home - but that would mean traveling in the Fall and wondered if that would be colder. Any advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We like the SB corner afts on Deck 8 and have had them 3 times, with another booked next year. The balcony is private and the rooms are wonderful. On the Noordam, the inside space was larger than on the other Vistas pre aft lift.

Caviargal -

I have been trying to find out and getting different answers if the corner afts on Deck 8 have port/starboard windows. Since you have stayed in them yourself, I figure you are the authority. Also, if there are windows on the port/starboard side of the suite, do you have any pictures you can share? We have an aft corner cabin on Deck 8 on hold on the Westerdam, but are trying to decide if we want that cabin or to be on the side of the ship. :confused: We don't want to be limited to only looking at wake from the room. Also, we have seen several reviews where people have been bothered by privacy, noise and trash. Please help! THANKS so much in advance!!!!

Caviargal -

I have been trying to find out and getting different answers if the corner afts on Deck 8 have port/starboard windows. Since you have stayed in them yourself, I figure you are the authority. Also, if there are windows on the port/starboard side of the suite, do you have any pictures you can share? We have an aft corner cabin on Deck 8 on hold on the Westerdam, but are trying to decide if we want that cabin or to be on the side of the ship. :confused: We don't want to be limited to only looking at wake from the room. Also, we have seen several reviews where people have been bothered by privacy, noise and trash. Please help! THANKS so much in advance!!!!

We just had 8147 on Noordam (same config on Westerdam) and loved it! It was larger, lighter and brighter than the same location on ZUI and the opposite SB on OS.

There is a large window over the desk which is where the TV and frig are. Next to it is the sliding glass door. The design made the cabin feel very open to the sea. When you walk into the main area of the suite, you are facing the couch (starboard side in 8147) and there is no window there. The only window is in the back of the room facing the stern and next to the doors. Sorry, I am BAD about pics and did not take any of the cabin.

I noticed a lot of vibration this time as well as more pronounced movement but we had some choppy seas in Alaska. No noise from above BUT there was quite a bit on my Caribbean adventures in the same cabin as they move deck chairs to clean in the wee small hours of the morning.

I might try Deck 6 or 7 if I were booking a warm weather sailing as I am very sensitive to noise and had trouble sleeping on my previous cruises in those cabins. However, we both really like the privacy of the Deck 8 SBs so there is a trade off.

We booked 8147 for Westerdam next year to Alaska.

I hope that helped a bit!

TedC

A question about your transatlantic crossings. Is the weather better in the Spring (from New York to Europe) or the opposite in the Fall. Not concerned about the rough seas, but is it possible on those crossings to be out on your veranda at all. We like warm weather - which is one of the reasons we have been avoiding the Europe thing. Plus, it seemed better to fly over and then cruise leisurely home - but that would mean traveling in the Fall and wondered if that would be colder. Any advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think the best weather is more likely on a southern crossing that either starts or ends in Florida. We've had pleasant weather on crossings in both spring and fall. But we've also had good weather in July - August RT from Boston to Rotterdam to Boston with great ports in Iceland and Greenland.

Archived