NCL shore excursion Rome and Vatican

cmh

For those who have taken the Rome and Vatican shore excursion offered through NCL, are the tickets to the Vatican purchased in advance by the tour company or do we have to stand in line and waste an hour purchasing the entrance tickets? We will be cruising in October and I hope we can spend our time inside and sight seeing rather than standing in line. I would appreciate any information from someone who has booked this excursion through NCL in the past.

Carolyn

Hi. I presume you are talking about the Vatican Museum. I didn't visit Rome via a cruise, but via an educational tour. We had our museum tickets in advance, but we still had to wait in line. It was a HUGE line that wrapped around the building and into the street. It moved quickly, though, and if there is anything to be said, the museum was worth every second of the wait. The museum was the only area that required a ticket per se, but there were lines to enter St. Peter's Basilica, too. Again, it's all worth any lines and waiting! (I chose to visit the Vatican every day while in Rome...it was that spectacular) Hope this helps.

Archived