Just returned from Radiance Southbound - Alaska any questions?

Hi All

Just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Radiance of the Seas going southbound in Alaska. Does anyone have questions I could answer?

The ship was lovely and weather just okay....but we had a wonderful delightful time.

I will post a review later on this week giving details.

Hi All

Just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Radiance of the Seas going southbound in Alaska. Does anyone have questions I could answer?

The ship was lovely and weather just okay....but we had a wonderful delightful time.

I will post a review later on this week giving details.

Looking forward to reading your review. I am interested in Alaska as my MIL wants to go when she retires in a few years.

We'll be on the Southbound Radiance cruise in late August. What nights were the formal nights? Did you eat at Chops or Portofino? Which nights do you recommend not eating in the dining room?

Did the ship leave Seward at 9pm? What time were you able to able to get into your cabin and what time was the muster drill? How did they handle the dinner service with such a late sailing?

Sorry for so many questions, thanks in advance!

I'm taking this sailing in mid-August so I look forward to your review and comments.. What did you mean by the weather being "just ok" ? I'm really perplexed as to how I'm going to pack for this trip, never having been to Alaska before.. I echo the questions in the above post as well - enquiring minds want to know! :)

If you were in a suite and/or are diamond, did you visit the concierge lounge on the ship? If so, was it big enough to accommodate everyone, or did they have to split it into a concierge lounge and diamond lounge?

What excursions did you take?

Taking the Radiance southbound next month, July 20th. We are taking the National Park Tour at Kenai Fjords on Friday and they are dropping us at the ship at 6:00PM. We are usually on the ship by noon, so this will be a little different. With the late departure time it gives us the opportunity to have a full day on Friday.

Who is the current cruise director?

Any must do's or dont's??

Looking forward to reading your review.

HK

How was it going through immigration/customs. Any problems?

Did you use the US Direct program from ship to airport?

Do you happen to have the Daily Compasses you can put on here for us to download or send them to our email address if we give it to you?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

Taking the Radiance southbound next month, July 20th. We are taking the National Park Tour at Kenai Fjords on Friday and they are dropping us at the ship at 6:00PM. We are usually on the ship by noon, so this will be a little different. With the late departure time it gives us the opportunity to have a full day on Friday.

I was thinking of the Kenai Fjords trip as well, though I'm sorely tempted to just get on the ship and relax. I just came back from a grueling (but fabulous) 12 day med cruise aboard Legend and all those port days were just exhausting.. I learned quickly to guard my "downtime" jealously. Here I'm torn between wanting to "see it all" and not wanting to be totally wiped when I get home.

Archived