lobster rest near pier in halifax stjohn nb

are there any you would recommend?

In Saint John, after you leave the ship turn left and walk up the street a bit and you will see Steamers on the right. Also, if you go to the Saint John City Market there is an excellent seafood restaurant called Billys at the head of the market. By "head" I mean the uphill end and just through the upper doors.

In Halifax there is a nice restaurant behind the Historic Properties on the waterfront. I believe it is called Salty's. I enjoy eating there when I am in Halifax.

In Saint John, after you leave the ship turn left and walk up the street a bit and you will see Steamers on the right. Also, if you go to the Saint John City Market there is an excellent seafood restaurant called Billys at the head of the market. By "head" I mean the uphill end and just through the upper doors.

Sapper which one do you recommend, I am interested in the best seafood. As always thanx for the info.

Sapper which one do you recommend, I am interested in the best seafood. As always thanx for the info.

My husband and I just ate at Billy's a few nights ago and we are still raving about our meal. I had the seafood medley over linguini and it was fantastic. Billy's also has more atmosphere. Hope you enjoy your stay.

The first cruise ship of the season is due in tomorrow AM and it looks like it will be cold and rainy -----too bad as it takes away from the experience.

Other restaurants to consider in Halifax are:

Upper Deck

Five Fishermen http://www.fivefishermen.com/

Ryan Duffys (it's a steak house but often has Lobster in the summer)

All are within walking distance of where the ships dock. There will be lots of other restaurants serving lobster however.

Shifting gears, for a "unique" fast food experience, try a Halifax Donair for lunch. It is similar to a Shawarma but much much better.

Archived