Someone who thinks he knows about cruising

bobbyleduck

Why,since the doofus has NEVER been on a cruise ship, is he even writing an article about cruising?.

I guess since I have never sky-dived, I am an expert on the subject. Look for my article soon on MSNBC.

Rich :cool: :cool:

The only thing I would somewhat agree upon is the environmental aspect, although cruise lines are getting better. It does consume a lot of fuel just to move the ship. All that buffet food, probably does help produce a lot more waste than the same amount of people would create on a land vacation.

But saying that, all travel is not very eco-friendly. Whether you are going by plane, train, or automobile, you are using fuel you would most likely otherwise not use. I do my part on the ship by trying to reuse towels rather than get new ones every single day. I don't crank the air conditioner in the room. I turn off lights when I leave.

The actions you take can make any trip dangerous. Just look at the TB scare caused by the airline passenger last week.

Dear Smoosh21:

I guess the point is, once you decide to take a vacation then there are certain things that happen environmentally, no matter what kind of vacation you participate in, and that doesn't make cruising more or less environmentally friendly. The same thing happens regarding safety, and the necessary precautions to take to be as safe as possible. Your point about the TB passenger shows that there are risks you run no matter what you do. I think the second article (noted in my second post for this thread) explains much of that, showing that cruising is no more likely to make you sick or get you hurt or killed, and is perhaps less likely to do so, than any other form of vacation.

Happy cruising to all.

Bob

...for the advertising money. How many people have now gone and read the article even though they knew that the article was probably going to be a piece of dirt (not flaming anyone--it's natural curiousity)? And although no one paid close attention to the advertising, it hit the brain--just like it does here everyday. Probably more importantly the website can give the advertisers hit numbers and boost up their advertising fees. Doesn't give the website a free pass to publish the unethical, but does give them reason.

Printing it for the advertising revenue seems a bit cynical to me. I believe this person is just one of the regular writers for MSNBC, who writes about travel and so he has a voice with that medium. It is sad that he would use his "voice" to write off a form of travel without ever taking the opportunity to participate. Especially, because as all cruise enthusiasts know, it is a lot of fun.

On the other hand, the other writers on the same site offered a much more intelligent discussion of cruising.

Bob

Archived