Rear Vibration Tahitian Princess

parisbully

Has anyone stayed in the rear OS suites on Tahitian or Pacific Princess? Is there a lot of vibration? I try to stay away from the rear cabins, but do not really like the OS cabins in the front. Not a direct view of the sea. Looks out over the front of the ship.

We were in the suite next to the owners suite deck 6 on the Pacific Princess. There was a little vibration noise at night but quite a lot of movement. I suffer very badly from sea sickness and for that reason I would never stay in this suite again although saying that - if all other suites were booked I would put up with it for the chance of another cruise on her. :D Mummsie

When given the opportunity to cruie with either the PP or TP, wehave always popped for an OS. Yes, there is a bit of vibration, but it's only really bad when the thrusters are being used to manuever the ship into port. Since the Tahiti ports are mostly tenders, it wasn't a problem.

We love the suites due to the size of the cabins and balconies. I have horrific motionsickeness, but that's what Mecclazine is for!

if you have a chance for an OS, grab it! I don't think you'll be sorry

Charlie

Just got off the Caribbean Princess and had a back of the boat stateroom. It was incredibly shaky and the vibrations were very strong. Would not get a room at the back of the ship again. Even the Palm Dining Room below shook at dinner.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess and had a back of the boat stateroom. It was incredibly shaky and the vibrations were very strong. Would not get a room at the back of the ship again. Even the Palm Dining Room below shook at dinner.

As stated by a previous poster; only when the ship is docking or leaving a port.

Glad you didn't like your cabin on the stern; all the more for those of us who love them!

Parisbully - there was some noise, but it wasn't as bad as we'd thought there would be. I'm guessing the lower you go, the more you would hear, but we've been on the 6th and 8th decks and not had a problem with engine noise. We had more vibration and noise in a midship suite on the Regal - guess it all depends upon how much noise and vibration will bother you overall.

Charlie

Is there much engine noise in the rear cabins? When the ship is in port I know they leave the engines, generators, etc. on. Is the rear of this ship much louder than the front?

Less than you might get elsewhere.;) They are the Most Private, Quiet Cabins on the Ship & A Balcony & Panaroma View to Die for.:eek:

You won't be disappointed(IMHO)

Jot Bill:)

(Live on The Pacific Princess, Day 42, of 51 Days SYD to Anchorage, 41 Days in OS 7114 an AFT Owners' Suite & 102 Days booked in OS 6091 on the PP World Cruise.:D )

Archived