Please help with photo package prices

sensfan

I was referred here by another site. I hope someone can help me. FH and I will be getting married next year on a cruise...I haven't decided which line yet. I have tried contacting the lines to get some info on the cost of the photos. Unfortunately I have been getting the run-aroung BIG time. If people could let me know which cruise line they went with, what you paid for your photos, how many did you receive, the size of them, did you receive the negatives..or a cd, and last but not least were you pleased with the quality of the photos.

We will be going on an Alaskan cruise leaving Vancouver round trip, so the cruise lines are limited, I know carnival, royal caribbean, holland america and norweigan leave from vancouver, am pretty sure that celbrity does too.

Thank you for any help

sensfan - Welcome to CruiseCritic!! :)

Near the top right corner of this page, select "Search This Forum" and type "photo" in the blank. You will find 17 posts that talk about photos here on these CC wedding boards. Some may have prices, some may not. But, in these 17 posts, the word photo appears somewhere in the post and it will show up in red after searching for it.

Here are some links of examples of previous cruiser's experiences with wedding photos:

Photos on RCCL Mariner

Photos on RCCL Radiance of the Seas

Photos on Carnival Fantasy

Photos on Norwegian Sun

As far as the cruiselines go... several are owned by the same company and several also share the same wedding coordinator company. Usually when marrying onboard the ship, the photographer is one who is actually the ship's photographer. Now if you are marrying off the ship, that could be a different story depending on who you coordinate your wedding through (the cruiseline's wedding coordinator company or a local wedding coordinator).

Ex: Carnival Corporation owns Holland America, Princess, Carnival, Cunard, Costa, etc.

Ex: RCCL owns Royal Caribbean and Celebrity

Norwegian is not owned by either of those two companies.

One more thing... these posts only go back to around April. The "old" CruiseCritic boards are no longer available but would have probably had many more search results. CruiseCritic recently did a major upgrade to new databases and the decision was apparently made to not archive the past threads.

Hi Sensfan

I was marrried Dec 6, 2003 in the port of Miami, on the Explorer of the sea - Royal caribbean. I had planned to buy the negatives anyway but wasn't expecting it to be as expensive as it was. I believe we paid $600.00 USD for the negs, five 8 x 10's and three portfolios (padded frames with room for two pictures) I gave one to my mom and one to my DH's mom as gifts.

Included in our "Harmony" wedding package was:

- ten 5 x 7 photos

-one 8 x 10 wedding photo

-one 8 x10 engraved Royal Caribbean silver plated frame

-embossed royal romance wedding album (holds twenty 5 x 7)

the harmony wedding package was $1095.00 USD

Our photographer was Suzanna, she's Croatian. She did a wonderful job. The only thing I was sorry about was...I didn't make a list of photos I wanted to have taken during and after the ceremony. I don't have a picture of the back of my dress, my updo from the back, a pic together with just my sis and mom and just my sis.

post_old.gif July 9th, 2004, 02:11 PM

jessca3 user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1596706", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifPhotos

RCCL's photo company (Image Services???) sent me this info...

WEDDING PACKAGES

WEDDING PACKAGE – DIAMOND $799.95

• Choice of 72 wedding photographs printed in a 5x7 format.

• Two special wedding albums.

• All wedding negatives.

• Six 8x10 enlargements of your choice.

• Silver-plated 8x10 frame.

• Customized 8x10 leatherette portfolio – holds an 8x10 photograph of the ship and an 8x10 photograph.

• Customized 5x7 leatherette portfolio – holds a 5x7 photograph of the ship and a 5x7 photograph.

• Royal Caribbean Photo Album – contains 20 pages & can hold up to an 8x10 photograph.

• Fifty wedding announcements.

OPTIONS (available on certain ships)

• Memories on CD: $49.95

WEDDING PACKAGE – RUBY $649.95

• Choice of 36 wedding photographs printed in a 5x7 format.

• Special wedding album.

• All wedding negatives.

• Five 8x10 enlargements of your choice.

• Silver-plated 8x10 frame.

• Customized 8x10 leatherette portfolio – holds an 8x10 photograph of the ship and an 8x10 photograph.

• Customized 5x7 leatherette portfolio – holds a 5x7 photograph of the ship and a 5x7 photograph.

• Wedding Announcements: $24.95

WEDDING PACKAGE – PEARL $499.95

• Choice of 36 wedding photographs printed in a 5x7 format.

• Special wedding album.

• All wedding negatives.

• An 8x10 enlargement of your choice.

• Wedding Announcements: $24.95

WEDDING PACKAGE – PLATINUM $999.95

• Coming Soon

Archived