Non-Princess air question

dogdoc2002

My partner and I are sailing on the Diamond at the end of the month. We got our airfare through our TA, but not through Princess. On Princess' website, there is a non-Princess air arrangements form that needs to be filled out and faxed back 30 days prior. Being the obsessed traveler I am, I did it a few months ago. However, when I click on the air portion of the itenery under Prepare for my Cruise section, it doesn't show up. Does Princess only list it if it's booked with them? I would hate to show up at the airport in Vancouver, and no shuttle (purchesed through Princess) shoes up.

The only reason I bring it up is that Princess has already "screwed up" one fax I sent them. I attempted to order the CruiseCompanion book for my partner's birthday, 3 weeks ahead of time. I waited 10 days, and it still hadn't been charged to my card. I had to call back on 2 different days while they looked for the form, and somehow, it was never processed. They tried to tell me the fax must not have transmitted, but I sat next to the machine while I sent it. Our machine at work can be tempermental, and likes to spit out "transmission failed" forms on occasion.

Any ideas?

dogdoc2002

The air that shows up on the Princess website is only air booked through Princess. The reason for the form is to alert Princess transfer personel to the time your flight arrives. I would double check on those transfers, they should be showing up on the Princess Personalizer though, even though your air will not.

That air form is only informational to Princess. They use it in case the plane is late to determine how many passengers will be affected and also to insure that you have allowed enough time to get to the ship before it sails. They also use it on disembarkation day to set the times for leaving the ship and to insure that you have not booked a flight too early to catch.

dogdoc, I wouldn't worry about this too much. Diamond is a huge ship, so likely Princess will have several buses to collect passengers from various flights (which means you may have to wait til one fills up before they leave the airport). If all else fails, limojet has the exclusive franchise at the airport, and they don't prebook--just make your way over to their line and they have a stable of Town Cars waiting. Aren't you coming in a day early? If so, I would ask the TA to cancel the Princess transfer and take the limo. The prices are comparable, and you don't have to wait for the bus til fill up. Any luck getting your witness for your wedding? Sorry we can't assist you on that, we are on the Island Princess leaving Vancouver July 9. Bon Voyage!

My partner and I are sailing on the Diamond at the end of the month. We got our airfare through our TA, but not through Princess. On Princess' website, there is a non-Princess air arrangements form that needs to be filled out and faxed back 30 days prior. Being the obsessed traveler I am, I did it a few months ago. However, when I click on the air portion of the itenery under Prepare for my Cruise section, it doesn't show up. Does Princess only list it if it's booked with them? I would hate to show up at the airport in Vancouver, and no shuttle (purchesed through Princess) shoes up.

The only reason I bring it up is that Princess has already "screwed up" one fax I sent them. I attempted to order the CruiseCompanion book for my partner's birthday, 3 weeks ahead of time. I waited 10 days, and it still hadn't been charged to my card. I had to call back on 2 different days while they looked for the form, and somehow, it was never processed. They tried to tell me the fax must not have transmitted, but I sat next to the machine while I sent it. Our machine at work can be tempermental, and likes to spit out "transmission failed" forms on occasion.

Any ideas?

dogdoc2002

This is only needed if you purchased transfers through Princess. :)

dogdoc, I wouldn't worry about this too much. Diamond is a huge ship, so likely Princess will have several buses to collect passengers from various flights (which means you may have to wait til one fills up before they leave the airport). If all else fails, limojet has the exclusive franchise at the airport, and they don't prebook--just make your way over to their line and they have a stable of Town Cars waiting. Aren't you coming in a day early? If so, I would ask the TA to cancel the Princess transfer and take the limo. The prices are comparable, and you don't have to wait for the bus til fill up. Any luck getting your witness for your wedding? Sorry we can't assist you on that, we are on the Island Princess leaving Vancouver July 9. Bon Voyage!

Thanks hotmike-

We do arrive a day early; the reason we got the transfers through Princess was neither of us have flown international before, didn't know how hectic it would be.

As for the wedding, we did (hopefully) find 2 sets of potential witnesses (backup pair?:)). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will pan out alright.

Have a wonderful trip this weekend! I'm jealous- can't wait for the next few weeks to fly by!

dogdoc2002

We have never found arriving at YVR any hassle; its very well laid out. If you take the Princess shuttle, you not only have to wait til they fill the bus up, but you wait at each hotel en route til they get to yours. If it's not too late, I would still consider the private car service: http://www.limojetgold.com It's $39 one way (for the whole car, not per person), and I believe you can order champagne to start your honeymoon off right.

Archived