"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

Did you email Customer Service, Crown & Anchor or Adam Goldstein. Think we might be getting different answers from different areas.

Sherri I sent it to crown and anchor...since I didn't have Adams either...if you have it can email it to me at jabber363@hotmail.com....I'll send another one...but thought you know crown and anchor would know how many cruises I have done on the Mariner and Port Canaveral and see that I have tried the other ports and don't care for them...

ok sent one to Adam Goldsteins he replyed faster then I thought he would....

Thank you . I'm sorry we have disappointed you. Although I cannot comment on future deployment plans beyond what we have announced, I can assure you that we are very positive about Port Canaveral as a base of operations. Hopefully our presence there will grow again as the fleet grows.

Best regards,

Adam Goldstein

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 06/16/2007 03:47 PM AST

To: Adam Goldstein

Subject: Disappointed...

We've become a faithful RCCI cruiser...since we found it in Fall of 2005.

We have done 6 cruises since then.

Before we did Carnival from Port Canaveral.

But we fell in love with the Mariner...we've sailed it 3 times and have it

booked already for

2 more times . Now we've done Tampa and Miami and just didn't like the

ports as much.

Reason is we come to Fla. and do a cruise and combine it with Disney World.

I hate the thoughts of going with Carnival or Disney since you have not said

anything about

a replacement of the Mariner. We want a another 7 day cruise to go out of

there.

We are ones that plan our trips far advance, and right now I don't know what

I am going to do.

I just wonder how long your going to make us wait to see what is going to

happen if you have any plans on any replacement.

I just hope it's not to late...that I go else where.

Thanks

ok sent one to Adam Goldsteins he replyed faster then I thought he would....

Hopefully our presence there will grow again as the fleet grows.

Best regards,

Adam Goldstein

Hopefully? I don't like the sound of that.

Hopefully? I don't like the sound of that.

I know I agree it don't sound like for sure...and somethings might hold it up and not come through like they hope...

I just know I will be so disappointed if they don't come through with a relacement.

Thank you Xxxx. I very much appreciate your loyalty to our brand. While I cannot comment on ship deployment beyond what we have publicly announced, please be assured that Port Canaveral is important to us and we hope to grow there as our fleet grows.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

Mr Goldstein

I would like to express my disappointment about RCCL's decision to reposition the Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral and not announcing a replacement ship. Our family has sailed from Port Canaveral eight times over the years and find Port Canaveral to be our port of choice. With RCCL's departure from Port Canaveral, it will leave us with only two choices for 7 night cruises, Carnival or Disney. I am not a fan of Carnival and our teenage children have outgrown Disney. We have thoroughly enjoyed the RCCL Mariner of the Seas and had hoped to continue sailing with her from Port Canaveral. I hope that RCCL will find a comparable replacement for the 7 night cruise product from Port Canaveral.

Thank you.

Well he's heard from alot of us and may have been too promising in the early emails. He sounds a bit guarded.

One interesting side note -- I was interested in booking a 2/3/08 mariner Cruise during Friday's promotion. It was not cost effective for me as RCCL would not honor diamond balcony discounts and a $150 C&A coupon so I did not book on Friday though I may. The JS price went up $100 on Friday and has still stayed at that level. In addition, the D2 went up $50. Possibly, lots of folks booked Mariner on Friday and the price increases reflect that. Hope that would be received positively at RCCL.

Being from Iowa, Port Canaveral is the easiest, most convenient port to cruise from. Orlando has great fares from Des Moines or Omaha and it is relativley simple to get to that port. I know I can speak for Many Iowans that they would probably cruise allot less if there wern't crusies out of Cnanveral.

I,myself,prefer Pt Canaveral too.........but let me ask all those who say they wont cruise outta any other FL ports.........(which is crazy IMHO....I rather drive to Miami than take Carnival.)

What did you do before they brought the MA there only a few years ago(2003)??:confused:

I,myself,prefer Pt Canaveral too.........but let me ask all those who say they wont cruise outta any other FL ports.........(which is crazy IMHO....I rather drive to Miami than take Carnival.)

What did you do before they brought the MA there only a few years ago(2003)??:confused:

Good point. But lots of the Southern and Easterners can drive to Port C in a day.

We're lucky as we are in driving range (8 hours or less) of the other Florida ports.

But to directly answer your question, if you take Disneyworld out of the mix, Ft. Lauderdale was a pretty easy port to embark -- you can actually see the ships from the terminal. (Independence will be there in fall-winter 2008/2009) And we did not have any hassles flying into Miami although that airport is pretty zooey.

My two cents more on this subject. I think with Carnival announcing that they were moving the Splendor to the west coast year round RCI felt that they had to jump first. They were able to make the announcement plus open bookings a couple of weeks earlier than Carnival to get a jump on things.

I think that they had to move the Mariner a little earlier than they anticipated or maybe they were not planning to move her at all and when they found out about Carnivals plan they knew they had to react. Maybe that is why RCI did not have any news on a replacement and the specifics are still being worked out. I find the timing odd when you look at Carnival's announcement.

My two cents more on this subject. I think with Carnival announcing that they were moving the Splendor to the west coast year round RCI felt that they had to jump first. They were able to make the announcement plus open bookings a couple of weeks earlier than Carnival to get a jump on things.

I think that they had to move the Mariner a little earlier than they anticipated or maybe they were not planning to move her at all and when they found out about Carnivals plan they knew they had to react. Maybe that is why RCI did not have any news on a replacement and the specifics are still being worked out. I find the timing odd when you look at Carnival's announcement.

Makes a lot of sense!

I think that is a very astute assessment.

I think that is a very astute assessment.

I think that they went into panic mode at RCI when Carnival announced those plans. So they took the best ship from the best port and sent her west. Somehow I do not think they thought it out because if they had something would have been shipped from Miami instead (Florida's worst port) Last time i checked there were 4 or 5 ships in Miami and a few more in FLL. But I think we are getting something nice in return. :D

And we have waited quite patiently for a piece of the "favorite ship" pie. It isn't like we won't make good use of it. Our sailing that leaves in almost exactly 2 years is filling nicely.

I highly doubt that a corporation like RCCL went into "panic mode" when they were obviously working for quite some time to secure dry dock facilities. I am sure they had Mariner planned for longer than you think... But didn't want to say anything until they were sure because so many people DEMAND answers when they are left wondering.

And we have waited quite patiently for a piece of the "favorite ship" pie. It isn't like we won't make good use of it. Our sailing that leaves in almost exactly 2 years is filling nicely.

I highly doubt that a corporation like RCCL went into "panic mode" when they were obviously working for quite some time to secure dry dock facilities. I am sure they had Mariner planned for longer than you think... But didn't want to say anything until they were sure because so many people DEMAND answers when they are left wondering.

I should have used a different term than "panic mode" I think they had the Mariner move planned but moved up the date of deployment to get a jump over Carnival Splendor being positioned in Cal. RCCL management was probably looking to deploy the ship much later in 2009.

I should have used a different term than "panic mode" I think they had the Mariner move planned but moved up the date of deployment to get a jump over Carnival Splendor being positioned in Cal. RCCL management was probably looking to deploy the ship much later in 2009.

Based on how the RCI reaction to a lot of PC fans I would say they don't panic much at all so yes Panic mode is probably a little overboard :eek: I do supect that you are correct in that they stepped up the date of Mariner going and that made the gap of no 7 day ship in PC. I think we all have surprised RCI with our determination to get a replacement. I wonder how long Mariner's present crew will stay aboard. Many of them have east coast homes and will not want west coast (Captain Johnny for one)If you take the best crew off Mariner she will not be the ship we PC cruisers love so much. For those out in California I hope that this is not the case. Take care of Mariner for us.....:D

Sherri - I was actually meant to quote dagadget's comment about panic mode. No worries - I know everyone is anxious to know what the results will be.

As far as crew - who knows what crew will be where in 20-24 months from now? There will be many rotations of crew on all of the ships by then. I am confident that RCCL will make sure Mariner has a magnificent debut on the West Coast. I am even considering making the 6+ hour drive to welcome her when she comes into LA.

While on Radiance last week, at the captain Q and A, the question was posed as what RCI was going to do at Port Canaveral when they took Mariner away and the Captain told the audience that it would be replaced by another Voyager class or Freedom class ship and Port Canaveral would definitely not be without a 7 day ship.

On a personal note, this is all fine and dandy, but I sure will miss the Mariner and her crew here in PC!

While on Radiance last week, at the captain Q and A, the question was posed as what RCI was going to do at Port Canaveral when they took Mariner away and the Captain told the audience that it would be replaced by another Voyager class or Freedom class ship and Port Canaveral would definitely not be without a 7 day ship.

On a personal note, this is all fine and dandy, but I sure will miss the Mariner and her crew here in PC!

We'll be sure to send her off in style,wont we now??:p

We live in Tennessee and love Port Canaveral! We can drive or fly to get there. Any other port is just too far to drive. Our next cruise is on Liberty out of Miami and we are anxious for that sailing, but we still prefer Port Canaveral - excellent accomodations, restaurants and you feel safe (unlike many locations in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area)!!! Keep a Voyager or Freedom class ship here!

For the record,we were constantly told that here in Galveston as well.:rolleyes:

I am sure you guys will get a great ship..No way is RCI leaving PC empty.

Archived