"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

D1 starboard corner aft #1388 $2731

E1 starboard corner aft #8390 $2516

E1 port corner aft #6688 $2511

Prices are for 2 including all taxes and port fees

Then I can take $200 off for the RCI early bird discount and $100 off for Diamond Disc.

Thanks for your help...I knew with all you Mariner Maniacs I could get some good advice! Maybe they are available because we are so far out and it will be February...We have quite a roll call going and are excited!

D1 starboard corner aft #1388 $2731

E1 starboard corner aft #8390 $2516

E1 port corner aft #6688 $2511

Prices are for 2 including all taxes and port fees

Then I can take $200 off for the RCI early bird discount and $100 off for Diamond Disc.

How can there be a difference in price among E1s???:confused:Has to be the same..

I don't know...I put holds on them on different days...or I looked at them wrong...I don't think the price makes any difference to me...less than $200 bucks for 7 days won't break the bank. I was more looking at location, room and balcony size.

I don't know...I put holds on them on different days...or I looked at them wrong...I don't think the price makes any difference to me...less than $200 bucks for 7 days won't break the bank. I was more looking at location, room and balcony size.

Then go for 1388........its a keeper!

Thanks for your help...I knew with all you Mariner Maniacs I could get some good advice! Maybe they are available because we are so far out and it will be February...We have quite a roll call going and are excited!

And it seems that our fun group has pretty much taken over the aft of the ship. Should be quite the party back there. But it looks like Andrea is going to be giving up her aft as well to move up to a Grand Suite next to us. So her aft should be available soon too.

I sure hope they replace the Mariner with another ship........("rumor" has it ...it will be Liberty),but we know how rumors are.............could be true or not..........

I think the Liberty is going to Europe or at least that was their original plan on their press release that I read last year. I have heard no plans to replace the Empress in Philly either when she leaves in spring 08 :o

6-9 months without a 7 night ship is painful but it's not going to kill anyone :D

I agree, but it may send me to Princess. I really think some Voyager should be sailing from some FL port for 7 nights but, it is what it is.

RCL was going to have my deposit on a Mariner cruise for a long time as I intended to book 2009 as soon as available guessing prices would only go up. Now Princess will get my deposit money and I'll only do Freedom or Liberty if they have a great sale. I almost have to be inticed to try the megaships, which are likely wonderful, as my gut and some reviews tell me DCL, Princess Crown, and Voyager class are as big as I want just yet.

I agree, but it may send me to Princess. I really think some Voyager should be sailing from some FL port for 7 nights but, it is what it is.

RCL was going to have my deposit on a Mariner cruise for a long time as I intended to book 2009 as soon as available guessing prices would only go up. Now Princess will get my deposit money and I'll only do Freedom or Liberty if they have a great sale. I almost have to be inticed to try the megaships, which are likely wonderful, as my gut and some reviews tell me DCL, Princess Crown, and Voyager class are as big as I want just yet.

Princess is better than that C cruise line at least. After all the company that hosted the old love boat can't be all bad. The funny thing is RCCL (Pullmantur) now owns that old love boat. I am going to have to look it up again as I can't remember the new name for the Old Pacific Princess. Going to have to see where Princess sails out of. it is not in PC Yet anyway

Mariner is my favorite ship and I hate to see her leave. While RCCL will certainly replace her with another ship I would really love to see another Voyager ship. I really don't care for the Freedom class, Voyager is plenty large enough for me. Also don't care to pay the additional price just for a larger ship that I don't want. REGARDLESS, Port Canaveral is my favorite port. Unless Tampa or New Orleans has a Voyager class we would probably stay at Canaveral and sail whatever she has.

Princess is better than that C cruise line at least. Going to have to see where Princess sails out of. it is not in PC Yet anyway

Yeah, I don't mind the port issue as much, Ft Laud doesn't bother me and thats the main Princess hub. And I can do Miami too. I think many people love the PC port and would have been just as upset if Mariner moved to Miami. For me, its the lack of any Voyager class ship sailing 7 nights from any FL port that bugs me. It "feels" like someone decided it wasn't worth competing in that market for FL so Princess and Carnival can have the business. I'd like to see Navigator take over Mariners days at Coco Cay and sail 7 night alternating western and easterns.

I think the Liberty is going to Europe or at least that was their original plan on their press release that I read last year. I have heard no plans to replace the Empress in Philly either when she leaves in spring 08 :o
Are you sure? I thought it was Independence that was doing Europe. She is going to be launched from there in May of 2008.

Might be a good omen -- found my "Kinky in Helsinki" OPI nailpolish (thought it was lost forever as it is discontinued). Always wear it on my toes when I sail on a ship built in Finland -- Voyager, Freedom and Genesis class. So maybe there's hope for a replacement ship in PC!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Mariner is my favorite ship and I hate to see her leave. While RCCL will certainly replace her with another ship I would really love to see another Voyager ship. I really don't care for the Freedom class, Voyager is plenty large enough for me. Also don't care to pay the additional price just for a larger ship that I don't want. REGARDLESS, Port Canaveral is my favorite port. Unless Tampa or New Orleans has a Voyager class we would probably stay at Canaveral and sail whatever she has.

My thoughts exactly!

• 3 weeks later...
I also posted this was going to happen back in April after I spoke to the Staff Captain. He was very nice about telling me that the Mariner was going to go to the West Coast, I posted it here, but no one believed me at the time. He also told me that a Freedom class was going to replace Mariner, but did not know which one it would be. It is safe to say that a Freedom Class will be here in PC, but which one is the big question. Liberty would be GREAT!

Tim

Don't take what the Staff Captain said as gospel. Originally the Navigator was supposed to head out west, then it was the Adventure and we wound up with the Mariner... The staff on both the Navigator and Adventure were told they would be coming to CA. According to RCI Miami, there's no plan to replace the Mariner at this time. The reason to move the Mariner was the yields were too low-- they had to reduce the prices just to fill the ship, so my guess if they didn't get the prices they wanted for the Mariner they would not replace her with a larger ship.

Don't take what the Staff Captain said as gospel. Originally the Navigator was supposed to head out west, then it was the Adventure and we wound up with the Mariner... The staff on both the Navigator and Adventure were told they would be coming to CA. According to RCI Miami, there's no plan to replace the Mariner at this time. The reason to move the Mariner was the yields were too low-- they had to reduce the prices just to fill the ship, so my guess if they didn't get the prices they wanted for the Mariner they would not replace her with a larger ship.

I think if the moved Mariner based on yields, then the Adventure would be the first to go, the Mariner sails fuller and at higher prices than AOS

I think if the moved Mariner based on yields, then the Adventure would be the first to go, the Mariner sails fuller and at higher prices than AOS

I think mariner sails fuller because a lot of people don't want to fly into SJ. Now AOS has a nice itenerary and it looks like the prices are set lower to compensate for the flight into SJ and the fact that the population base of PR is lower than Florida (more people means fuller ship) AOS stayed because that was the only (voyager) ship doing a southern route. There are many ships doing eastern and western but few doing southern. Mariner is going to be missed but RCI will place something that will get filled up in her place. I am certain of that. :D

dagadget - You are right, many people don't want to fly to SJ or in many cases pay the higher air fare. We have flown in to SJ a couple of times and enjoyed SJ. We hope to do the Adventure of Seas in 2008. The itinerary of AOS is great and as you mentioned, it is a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the one that went to Aruba.

We have done Mariner and (I hate to admit it Carnival Glory - a group trip) out of Canaveral port plus Sovereign a number of times. We really like Port Canaveral as an embarkation destination. We drive from Atlanta and I guess could do Tampa also.

I think that is part of the draw of Port Canaveral is the accessibility of it to people wanting to drive to save money and even be able to afford cruising if traveling with a family and not having to spend airfares for 5-6 people.

We have friends who are on the Carnival Glory now (we won't sail on Carnival again - tried it twice and Carnival has some good points, but not what we want/like) and they had 8 people. They decided to drive to save the airfares. Also, on their particular cruise, the cruise price was $150 less per person for the week vs. Mariner (I did not verify this though).

I would love for Adventure to move to Canaveral and replace the Adventure with a smaller ship for the SJ market. On our particular sailing on Adventure, it was about 40% local passengers, which I am told get discounts.

I think that is part of the draw of Port Canaveral is the accessibility of it to people wanting to drive to save money and even be able to afford cruising if traveling with a family and not having to spend airfares for 5-6 people.

A related draw is folks who are afraid of flying (DH fits this category although he is willing to fly to Vegas) and people who want to avoid the cattle class treatment of today's airlines. A stressful flight after your cruise could re-stress you after a relaxing cruise.

Your facts are soooo off...Mariner sails full every week and is one of the highest revenue ships out there, they moved it to compete with Carnival, who as you know is also putting a larger ship on the West Coast. West coasters seem to like to rub it in our faces that we are loosing Mariner, but you will see soon that we will be getting something bigger, and better, then I am sure you will say how much you deserve that ship as well.

dagadget - You are right, many people don't want to fly to SJ or in many cases pay the higher air fare. We have flown in to SJ a couple of times and enjoyed SJ. We hope to do the Adventure of Seas in 2008. The itinerary of AOS is great and as you mentioned, it is a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the one that went to Aruba.

We have done Mariner and (I hate to admit it Carnival Glory - a group trip) out of Canaveral port plus Sovereign a number of times. We really like Port Canaveral as an embarkation destination. We drive from Atlanta and I guess could do Tampa also.

We have friends who are on the Carnival Glory now (we won't sail on Carnival again - tried it twice and Carnival has some good points, but not what we want/like) and they had 8 people. They decided to drive to save the airfares. Also, on their particular cruise, the cruise price was $150 less per person for the week vs. Mariner (I did not verify this though).

I would love for Adventure to move to Canaveral and replace the Adventure with a smaller ship for the SJ market. On our particular sailing on Adventure, it was about 40% local passengers, which I am told get discounts.

I fit a lot of this analysis. We also enjoy cruises out of PC because of the cost-effectiveness of driving from ATL--even though there are only three of us, the air fare savings is still significant, even with $3.00 a gallon gasoline. We are booked on Mariner next spring, but that was a change from a prior booking on Adventure--just couldn't justify the costs added on to fly into SJ the night before--wish we could get to Aruba and Curacao, maybe sometime down the road.

Archived