Should I make the Owner's Suite Leap?

Thank you for the pics. We will be in cabin 1630 in August. I can't wait. Did you say it had a whirlpool tub? I may never leave the cabin. DH loves the extra room.

Yes it does............you can see it in one of the pics.......

I am so addicted, this is awful ... or is it? :rolleyes:

Booked on Serenade, Balcony, Hump, Dec 07.

Looking at Mariner, Owner's Ste, Hump 1320, Dec 08 ... Figure that gives me 18 months to pay for it and the MSO can't get too upset when I spring it on him NEXT YEAR ... LOL

Help ! ! ! Will I be able to go back to a Balcony? Will I be able to keep the secret? Is this suite worth it? ... Who am I kidding ... :p

Go for the OS.

My sister, her husband and myself with my husband each opted for the OS on FOS after booking JS for years.

We can't go back to JS now though. We were spoiled quick! lol

I'm w Todd. I could get more than 1 cruise for that price. I've never had more than a balcony. I'm scared :eek: . I'm already a balcony snob and hate going oceanview (on Zenith had no choice). My friend at work got a penthouse once and every cruise since! I could take 3 cruises for what she pays. SHe'll never go back to a balcony now.

Enjoy!

I'm w Todd. I could get more than 1 cruise for that price. I've never had more than a balcony. I'm scared :eek: . I'm already a balcony snob and hate going oceanview (on Zenith had no choice). My friend at work got a penthouse once and every cruise since! I could take 3 cruises for what she pays. SHe'll never go back to a balcony now.

Enjoy!

The picks sent me over the edge ! ! Booked the OS. Besides, it's a special occassion, we will be continuing the 10th anniversary celebration on the cruise, so this will be a little added luxury for the occassion.

I don't think I'll have too much of an issue going back (yeah, sure), I spend most of my time on the Balcony anyway :p I'm a waterbaby. Family's first was a JS, second with my MSO was a Balcony and we did fine ... as long as I can have my coffee on a balcony in the morning it's all good :) I do know that I would never survive and OV or Inside cabin. And with DD headed to college in 2009, if a balcony is what I can scrimp for then that's what we'll do. IF I can get the MSO hooked ... UGH. (maybe I'll leave him home ...) I have a feeling this surprise might get him close though.

I Can't Wait ! ! !

May get the bug to upgrade the 2007 to a JS though, have to watch the price drops ... LOL ! ! !

Enjoy!

I suppose it all depends on the person. I'm not sure I would even enjoy an OS, if I knew I'd paid thousands of dollars extra for it. I'd probably be thinking, "This is nice, but is it worth that much $$$?" I've cruised in everything from a standard inside stateroom to a JS, and I don't think it's spoiled me. I'm willing to pay a little extra for a balcony, but I could still enjoy a cruise in an inside cabin.

I'm the same way with land vacations. I've stayed in some fancier hotels a couple times, and it's been nice, but I'll still more often than not book something more moderate.

Now if I got a free upgrade to an OS . . . I won't be complaining. :D

Now if I got a free upgrade to an OS . . . I won't be complaining. :D

Thats how we wound up in that OS!!

Im with you.my next cruise is in an inside(only for 4 nights)..........I have to have at least a E or D balcony for 7 nighters......but you can see,we do all categories.....mostly inside to balcony.........never have paid full price for a "real" suite........(allowing us to cruise several times a year).

Do you know if this is also true for the Adventure of the Seas ? I ask because I am booked for OS next March.....thanks !!!

Yes, it is true for AOS. That was the ship we sailed on and downgraded for the larger balcony. The GS if great on AOS. :D

I'm looking at this as my last stitch effort to pursuade my MSO to LOVE cruising. We're going Dec '07 on Serenade, however I had tothreaten him with that one. He gets Seattle, I get a cruise :rolleyes: Thinking the OS may just sway his thoughts. He's a 5 star kinda guy, unfortunately my budget is a camping kinda deal ... lol.

And this will be the last big vacation (cruise) for the two of us before my daughter leaves for college.....

Be careful what you wish for...I started my DH on cruising & now it's very hard to convince him to travel any other way. Of course, he will only cruise in suites, take limos to/from the airport, wants to fly first class all the time (doesn't happen that often though!), etc. I've created a 5 Star Monster!! :o

And, I SO feel your pain about cruising possibly ending or slowing way down. My DS will be a senior next year and then he's off to college. That puts a HUGE damper on the cruise budget!

The OS we got for our upcoming Liberty cruise is our last big fling. :D

I thought California covered the cost of a public college education.

In Illinois they hold the tuition down to the price it is for the first semester. So as long as there is not break in the semesters and the kids don’t transfer from one school to another there is no price increase for tuition…just room and board.

My DD is attended a small private university and her scholarship does not increase with the tuition increases so we are starting to feel the pain. It looks like our next cruise won’t be until 2009. 2.gif

My DD has a 3.8 Weighted (AP all the way) and 1360 SAT's at the moment, she wants to take them 3x's before applying to colleges ... she's not going to get much in the way of scholarships either. I keep playing that lottery though :rolleyes:

Talked to my Mom, the one that got me hooked ... and she had a thought. GS this time and save the 1k for 2010, so that I can at least get a balcony if not a JS. HHmmm ... something to think about.

Thoughts?

Oh the sacrafices we make for our kids ... LOL

I thought California covered the cost of a public college education.

Don't I wish!! Nothing is free in California except traffic. :D :D

DS scored 1890 on the SAT; we were disappointed. I believe he'll be a NQMST semi-finalist (are those the right letters? For the PSAT test.) but guess how much that gets him? $1,000. I figure college is going to cost about $26,000 at least a year. That sure helps out a lot! :rolleyes:

I'd go with the GS if I were you & save the $1,000 for a JS later. Getting those extra C&A points makes it worth it! You'd still get them for both cruises.

I am so addicted, this is awful ... or is it? :rolleyes:

Booked on Serenade, Balcony, Hump, Dec 07.

Looking at Mariner, Owner's Ste, Hump 1320, Dec 08 ... Figure that gives me 18 months to pay for it and the MSO can't get too upset when I spring it on him NEXT YEAR ... LOL

Help ! ! ! Will I be able to go back to a Balcony? Will I be able to keep the secret? Is this suite worth it? ... Who am I kidding ... :p

Before I got my heart set on the owner's suite, I would want to make sure the owners will not be using it the week I wanted to use it.

It'll be interesting to see what she gets on the SAT this year. It's the first year she'll be taking the new and improved with the essay. 1360 for a Freshman is pretty good, I'm sure (hopeful) she'll get better with each test.

The schools she's looking at are in the 40k a year range ... :cool: So much for my 401K and cruising lifestyle. I'll be working until I'm 80 ! !

1320 is reserved, have to think about the GS feature. Still offers the concierge so it is an option ...

As for us we have sailed on GS 2x and JS 2x. We picked the GS over the OS because on Adventure and Majesty the balcony on the OS was smaller than GS and it's all about the "view" for us. The whirlpool, plasma TV and dining table in the GS don't hold much interest for us. I have all three at home and don't use any of them much. We would rather have balcony space. We are booked in GS for upcoming Voyager mediterranean cruise. Now, if the balcony is the same size or bigger on the OS I would go for it over the GS and happily take the added space and other bonus items in the cabin. Once we experienced the GS we could not go back:o Only take one major vacation a year and like to do it up special. It all depends on your priorities. On a cruise...It's all good. :D

Parrothead8 - Are you kidding? What kind of college? My DS has over a 4.3 GPA & will not receive any kind of financial assistance other than possibly a few meager academic scholarships which won't even cover one semester! :mad:

It is for any FL college or university(Private or public)........to receive the 100% ,the student must have a 3.5 GPA with a SAT or ACT of ??(I forget--its been awhile)..........IF they dont have that GPA and high test scores,they can get 75% paid........but they have to have at least a 3.0....sorry im fuzzy on the details,but like I said its been awhile.....

It is for any FL college or university(Private or public)........to receive the 100% ,the student must have a 3.5 GPA with a SAT or ACT of ??(I forget--its been awhile)..........IF they dont have that GPA and high test scores,they can get 75% paid........but they have to have at least a 3.0....sorry im fuzzy on the details,but like I said its been awhile.....

WOW!!!!! I'm impressed!!! Time to move!! I always liked Florida...cruise ships and a free college education! What could be better? :)

LLSullie - DS was looking at USC at $52,000 a year, but thank God he reconsidered and is now thinking a Univ. of Calif. school will be 'good enough'! lol

oh! oh! oh! and she can live with you so there's not room and board ! ! !

oh! oh! oh! and she can live with you so there's not room and board ! ! !

Sure....I could use a built in dog sitter.........mine left(my kids:p ) when they got older.....But actually, when my son got the 100%,he also got enough money to pay for the dorm.later on college apartment........

Sure....I could use a built in dog sitter.........mine left(my kids:p ) when they got older.....

I’ve got the same problem here! One of DD friends stayed local for her first 2 years of college but leaves in the fall. I don’t know what I’m going to do. 4.gif

Archived